Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By lettice

Still getting Your connection has been set to an upload speed of up to 2.6Mbps

This is a discussion on Still getting Your connection has been set to an upload speed of up to 2.6Mbps within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Just had the regular dlm test run for my sky broadband unlimited, as sky do every six months or so ...

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

Still getting Your connection has been set to an upload speed of up to 2.6Mbps

Just had the regular dlm test run for my sky broadband unlimited, as sky do every six months or so and in mysky the final report shows;

Line connection testing completed on 14/03/2015, resulting in the following settings:
      Download speed setting
      Your connection has been set to a download speed of up to 21.0Mbps .
      Upload speed setting
      Your connection has been set to an upload speed of up to 2.6Mbps .

Upload is running at 1.4mbps as it has for a while now along with 19.4mbps download. My line is very stable, still using a LJU2 socket to overhead cables but with a short 0.4 mile distance to the exchange.
      Anyhow, I know this has been asked a few times on here, but has anyone ever achieved this 2.6mbps upload?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Still getting Your connection has been set to an upload speed of up to 2.6Mbps

I don't think it is possible. They may set this to a higher figure to allow you to get the full benefit of the upload speed available. It was rumoured that Sky were going to move to Annex M which would allow uploads of up to 3Mb, but nothing seems to be happening. The problem with Annex M is that the extra upload speed is balanced by reducing the download speed. This would not suit the majority who have low download speeds as it is.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Re: Still getting Your connection has been set to an upload speed of up to 2.6Mbps

Quote Originally Posted by lettice View Post
      Just had the regular dlm test run for my sky broadband unlimited, as sky do every six months or so and in mysky the final report shows;

Line connection testing completed on 14/03/2015, resulting in the following settings:
      Download speed setting
      Your connection has been set to a download speed of up to 21.0Mbps .
      Upload speed setting
      Your connection has been set to an upload speed of up to 2.6Mbps .

Upload is running at 1.4mbps as it has for a while now along with 19.4mbps download. My line is very stable, still using a LJU2 socket to overhead cables but with a short 0.4 mile distance to the exchange.
      Anyhow, I know this has been asked a few times on here, but has anyone ever achieved this 2.6mbps upload?
      Just had dlm run again over the last 10 days.
      Line connection testing completed on 02/04/2015, resulting in the following settings:
      Download speed setting Your connection has been set to a download speed of up to 24.0Mbps.
      Upload speed setting Your connection has been set to an upload speed of up to 2.6Mbps.

Now getting 23 mbps download as they have dropped my noise margin down to 3.1, noticed over much of the 10 days it was tested at 3.1, they must have noticed that on my previous dlm test in March. Also a ping of 9 and 10.
      Well happy with that, best speed Ive ever had, thanks sky.

A lot of people moan about the sr102 router, but its wireless for me is very good.
      Using my iPad and Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 running a few speedtests today;
      Down my garden, at 50 foot from the router I get 17.5mbps download and 1.2mbps upload
      At 75 feet I get 15.5mbps and the download of 1.1mbps
      At 100 feet I get 10mbps and download of 1mbps.
      After that it drops off dramatically, to be expected.
      Throughout my house I get 18mbs and 1.35 mbps, not really any drop out from the router at front of house or upstairs. Router is pretty much in a central position within my house.
      Last edited by lettice; 05-04-15 at 01:55 PM.
      gymno likes this.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Nice ping.
      How are you testing?

Also, 3db margin worth a whole 2Mbps.
      That's quite rare.

You've beaten me now.
      I normally sit at 21.8 - 22.1 down, 1160Kb up at 6db.
      Best i've ever had was this after a power cut:

Best pings are 15ms.

Thanks

Ran quite a few speed tests and I'm getting 22.85, hitting 23 dead now and again.
      23248 kbps
      Line Attenuation 20.0 dB
      Noise Margin 3.1 dB

Running a ping/t from a cmd in windows 8.1 and winodws 10 to bbc.co.uk, google.co.uk, names.co.uk (namesco) and some of my domains (which are uk based servers)

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

I hope they train my line again.

Last time for me was january 2014 (despite mysky saying june 2013) & although i had a small speed increase + 8ms latency drop, i know they've improved DLM again since then.

Last year i read 3 or 4 sets of sky customer ping test results which were at 6-7ms.
      That's to bbc & google, using the routers ping tool & not on pro/gamer profile either - it's just what DLM gave them.