Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Samsung Tablet Pro and Sky SR102 Hub - No internet Access

This is a discussion on Samsung Tablet Pro and Sky SR102 Hub - No internet Access within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello, I'm really struggling to get anywhere with this issue and am hoping that some one can offer some good ...

derekmcaulay is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01698
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Samsung Tablet Pro and Sky SR102 Hub - No internet Access

Hello,

I'm really struggling to get anywhere with this issue and am hoping that some one can offer some good advice. I have a Sky SR102 hub and we recently purchased 2 Samsung Tab Pro Tablets. When I connect the Samsung Tablet to the Sky hub using the Wifi it kills the internet access for all devices that i have connected to the hub including Ethernet connections and for the life of me I cannot pin point exactly what the issue is.

So far I have tried the following

1. Both Samsung tablet work successfully using another router .. I connected them to a Virgin Hub and they worked fine in another house.
      2. I suspected it was the Sky Hub and Sky sent me another SR102 but it still exhibits the same problem
      3. I set up an old belkin router I had as a 2nd router and only connected the Samsung tablets to this router but again it kills the internet

Any help would be most welcome.

Thanks

Derek

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Samsung Tablet Pro and Sky SR102 Hub - No internet Access

A couple of things you can try. First go into the router wireless settings and untick 'Enable WPS'. This is only required when connecting a device that supports WPS.

Try changing the router channel. Download Inssider, link below, and use it to find the quietest channel. You can also download an app called Wifi Analyser for your tablets. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.