Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

What are the default Primary and Secondary DNS Addresses?

This is a discussion on What are the default Primary and Secondary DNS Addresses? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello, to my foolishness, I changed the DNS Code of my Sky Router when making it my internet connection for ...

Robbiebob. is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

What are the default Primary and Secondary DNS Addresses?

Hello, to my foolishness, I changed the DNS Code of my Sky Router when making it my internet connection for my PS4. It doesn't work because of it, and I have forgot the original DNS codes which you start out with.

So what are the Primary and Secondary DNS codes.

Also, can I see the DNS code on that admin control panel thingy when you type in the IP address on the searchbar, for future reference?

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, I have Sky Unlimited and have the newest router.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, I have Sky Unlimited and have the newest router.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: What are the default Primary and Secondary DNS Addresses?

Don't really understand what you mean as it is not possible to change the DNS in the Sky routers. This is one of the settings which are locked out to the user. The Sky DNS servers are 90.207.238.97 and 90.207.238.99 but as I say, you have no access to these. If you mean you have put the wrong DNS servers into your PS, then any of the Public servers will do. Many use Google, which are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

If you really have messed up the router settings then the best thing to do is reset it. Do this by holding in the reset button on the rear for about 10 secs. This will return the router to default, so you will have to re-enter any special settings, such as the wifi password, port forwarding etc.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: What are the default Primary and Secondary DNS Addresses?

I use google dns & so just enter 8.8.8.8 for primary & 8.8.4.4 for secondary on the playstation's internet connection settings page.
      Default router should be 192.168.0.1.

I have read that if you prefer to use your isp's dns, then it's best to enter the address of the router (192.168.0.1 for sky) as the primary & leave the secondary blank.
      When doing this the isp's dns will still be used (90.207.238.97 & 90.207.238.99 for sky) but apparently it can improve performance because the router caches dns lookups.