Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Strange problem with secure sites and msn

This is a discussion on Strange problem with secure sites and msn within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Same problem here. Can't sign into my Paypal or eBay a\c's....

ianb11 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Same problem here.

Can't sign into my Paypal or eBay a\c's.

2. Advertisement
      karaokian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Northbourne STNTHBN
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Ok, i'll join in too - I cannot access almost any site that is https://

Been on to TS, all they say is 'restart your router' !

Anyway, a **POSSIBLE** workaround for it: I've changed my DNS servers to the openDNS ones, and so far it is working much better (still a couple of sites down, but not all)

Maybe a clue there somewhere.

My IP 90.196.84.XXX

slimserverbob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Beauchief (SLBC)
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      see also thread on slow page loading - same issue discussed

Shadow UK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newbury
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Good luck again, I have read most threads on here becuse of the problems with going live thru sky but bear with them they are getting there, it took around 4 to 6 weeks to sort these probs out at my exchange and then overnight we could all access these sites that had been previously blocked.
      Ebay , Microsoft, Paypal, MSN, Xbox sites and xbox live are just to name but a few of the sites you will not get to either partly or fully.
      Check out a thread about site access youll see your not alone.
      The various people running this site are here to help they even have Sky techies on here in their own time (someone does care).
      Lastly look up a thread ref router fix there are few settings to adjust to give oyu a more stable line when it finally gets activated fully ie upnp switch off
      set wireless to auto and adjust mtu setting all this really does work and i got all this info from right here.
      I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

EviL AnGeL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Ok I have some news. Just finished on the phone to a helpful guy at tier 2 support. There is currently on ongoing issue which began late on Thursday that they were made aware of on Friday.

They know it's a problem that seems to be affecting onnet Sky connect packages. They know about the HTTPS issue which is related and I was given a vague estimate of a fix coming on Monday (hopefully). Basically because they only knew about it yesterday and because it's the weekend.

It was described to me as a "major outage" and tier 1 support should be aware of this as they have an internal service status page and checking it is the 4th or 5th thing they should do when taking calls about connection problems.

Neither of the support 1 staff I spoke to did this. Shame we haven't got an external service status page as this would have saved me hours of my time checking my end of things.

Anyway cut and short is it's not your settings or your router or anything else. It's Sky and will be fixed soon. (Hopefully)

Marky-Mark is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by EviL AnGeL View Post
      Ok I have some news. Just finished on the phone to a helpful guy at tier 2 support. There is currently on ongoing issue which began late on Thursday that they were made aware of on Friday.

They know it's a problem that seems to be affecting onnet Sky connect packages. They know about the HTTPS issue which is related and I was given a vague estimate of a fix coming on Monday (hopefully). Basically because they only knew about it yesterday and because it's the weekend.

It was described to me as a "major outage" and tier 1 support should be aware of this as they have an internal service status page and checking it is the 4th or 5th thing they should do when taking calls about connection problems.

Neither of the support 1 staff I spoke to did this. Shame we haven't got an external service status page as this would have saved me hours of my time checking my end of things.

Anyway cut and short is it's not your settings or your router or anything else. It's Sky and will be fixed soon. (Hopefully)
      hi i'm on the ts line at present - the guy i'm talking to doesn't seem to be aware of this problem - seems to be pot luck as to who you speak to!

Marky-Mark is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Wait till Monday

Just finished my call to TS. They say they are aware of the problem (people unable to access secure websites, and then the browser freezing so that even non-secure sites can't be accessed) as they have had a lot of people going to tier 2 with the same problem. Have been told it won't be resolved until Monday.

deebers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Scotstoun
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      It's amazing you get better information on this website than from the peeps at Sky!

I too am on Connect and find that when on Internet Banking I get kicked off and have to reboot etc. The worst part is I can't use Skype and see my dad who lives in Spain.

I'm actually tip-toeing around safe websites in the fear I'm going to lose my connection again…

I've cancelled my Sky and am currently looking for another ISP, though I may very well go back with Nildram - who were great. I was trying to sign up to Madasafish and was constantly getting kicked off there too - how ironic is that?

Oh well, until I get my MAC code from Sky I'm stuck with this crap router.

Thanks for all your help folks!

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by deebers View Post
      It's amazing you get better information on this website than from the peeps at Sky!
      Makes you wonder what we would do without this website and the helpful people on here like Mr Evil.

Hopefully they can fix this as it is annoying being in the middle of your online banking only for everything to just go.

Drew22 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yep same problem here

No msn (though it does sign on every now and then)
      No banking (natwest)
      No accessing the control panel of my personal site
      No ebay etc
      Azureus really slow (10kb/sec max)
      Even sites that work normally, wont load at times, and i have to wait 5 minutes, try again and its fine.

Lets hope that from the above post, its sorted by early next week

Apart from that, when it is working, its absolutely flying. Best download i got on aol was around 4mb max - my line is suppose to take 5.5mb, and ive just downloaded a file touching speeds of 7mb

btw, them stats thing if anyone can help

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 6368 kbps 448 kbps
      Line Attenuation 41.0 db 26.0 db
      Noise Margin 9.0 db 22.0 db

IP 90.196.
      Last edited by Drew22; 04-11-06 at 04:23 PM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast