Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Strange problem with secure sites and msn

This is a discussion on Strange problem with secure sites and msn within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by frazzle Oh well, I feel a complaint letter comming on I do feel for you people it ...

Shadow UK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newbury
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by frazzle View Post
      Oh well, I feel a complaint letter comming on
      I do feel for you people it took 4 weeks for my site issues to be rectified and like you tech support told me it was my end, change this change that, run WITHOUT a firewall !!
      Then it was the other sites probs it is frustrating to see that they are still stuck up their own rectums with no info to give to their customers ah well.

ps I actually did get compensation of 8.50 thats the prob with cheap prices you get nothing back when it goes wrong.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel my issues and all the people on the same exchange were sorted overnight and since then i have only one issue and that is having to reboot the router once evey 2 to 3 days once again be patient it will be sorted and youll get a huge refund good luck.

2. Advertisement
      Muppet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Harrogate
      Broadband ISP: Connect + Ordering NTL 10MB
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      hmmm

My sky broadband has been really bad the last 2 days, normal sites lose connectivity and you guys have made me realise that HTTPS sites are even worse - my outlook uses an ISP hosted exchange server and my email has really been struggling too, I guess that uses a HTTPS connection ><

Hope that they fix it quick ><

EviL AnGeL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I don't f&%4"g believe this. I had the same problem starting yesterday night so I rang Sky this morning 9am and wasn't told a damn thing about hackers or servers being upgraded. Just led through the same old twoddle.

Convinced it was something at my end I've spent the best part of 6 hours changing this and that, trying different routers and setups. Only to find out after a process of elimination that it cannot be anything other than Sky themselves and having read the last few comments here it's confrimed it 100%.

Why I couldn't have been told this morning by Sky I don't know. I've wasted a whole day on nothing. I run a business on ebay so I need access to that and paypal constantly.

4 years I've had broadband. From Pipex to Plusnet and now to this sh*t. Not worth a grain of salt between them. I'm proper, proper p***ed off and if anyone from Sky reads this. THE MAJORITY OF YOU ARE USELESS AT YOUR JOBS!
      Last edited by EviL AnGeL; 03-11-06 at 06:30 PM.

The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      perhaps they didnt tell you because they where not aware of it, but thanks for your input and kind words

EviL AnGeL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Maybe not but this has been a major headache for me as I use SSL sites many times a day. Between that and the slow loading pages and constant disconnects it's left me with an all but useless service.

This is something frontline staff should have been made aware of. A 2 minute explantion of the causes and an estimate of when it will be fixed would have been more than enough to satisfy me. Instead I got a brick wall and other people have been made to feel like this is their fault. I've spent hours today checking my side of things and because someone at Sky couldn't be bothered to pass the info onto their frontline staff, this has cost me a full day. It makes my blood boil the more I think about it.

Why there isn't a service announcment page and they couldn't have just put it up on there I don't know. Again it's something else that takes 5 minutes once implemented. Yet they're willing to waste cumulative hours making people test there extensions and, routers and cart their PC's about. It's nothing short of pathetic.

I'm beginning to seriously doubt if anyone in the UK is capable of running a broadband service competantly. I've had nothing but problems with broadband for 4 years. And if Sky can't get it right

frazzle is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01509
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I do sympathise with those of you who are trying to run a business - I use the internet every day and when I can't access it, it's like having an arm cut off. I can't check my sainsburys order, I can't check me ebay auctions etc etc etc. If I were a business I'd be bl**dy well livid.

I'm on connect through sky so I am paying for a service. I accept that interuptions happen, but for me it's about communication. If SKY put on a front end message that everyone got when they dialed tech support then none of us would have gone through a days worth of fault finding - I too reinstalled XP after searching the net (my ntl connection is still active).

If I'm paying 17 quid a month then the least I expect is a competent service. I accept service outages because some things are out of control of sky, however it looks like people have been having this problem all day (like me) and I usually use tech support as a last resort. After 8 hours I would expect either a service announcement when dialing tech support or at the very least, to speak to an operator that can tell me, yes sir, the service is having problems, but we are working on it and we expect it to be up within XX hours.

Come on SKY - you can do way better than this - if you don't people will go elsewhere - I'd even reconsider going back to NTL (shudder... ) if you don't get your act sorted. Think of your staff on the Frontline - eventually, customers are going to stat to get irate - at least give your staff something to tell customers, and by that I mean somthing accurate,meaningful and truthful, not some sack of rubbish about other sites being responsible.

I've still not calmed down yet.... can you tell

ScottW75 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Got the same problem. Just been told its everyone else thats the problem and not sky. "They haven't registered our IP addresses".

Why can't we speak to someone who has a clue when we call up??

tess is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I too an umimpressed. I pay 17 a moth for a shoddy service, I never thought I'd be saying Ntl provided a better service - but they did!!
      I'm a student, supposedly off for reading week this week yet both yesterday and today I've had to go inot uni anyway as I am unable to access the university website from my house as it is https\\:

Sky really frustrate me, and things seem to be getting worse rather than better! I hope they get this sorted soon, I have research to do and I need reliable web access!!!! (Also I need to be able to access my bank account to make sure my direct debits don't bounce )

Shadow UK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newbury
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by ScottW75 View Post
      Got the same problem. Just been told its everyone else thats the problem and not sky. "They haven't registered our IP addresses".

Why can't we speak to someone who has a clue when we call up??
      Hi there are many threads on this site showing that everyone had the same problems in the beginning rest assured it isnt ip addresses being blocked by bogon filters it is not your system it is not your router or settings (mostley).
      Check out some of the other threads on this site it is amazing to me that sky are still spouting the same old lines "come on people use your immagination".
      If they would only tell us something construction
      Any way as i said this site has probably 90% of its members that have had your problems in the beginning so you will find support here.
      Try opening threads based on where your exchange is then all in your area with the same probs can list.
      I trhink this helps as there are some sky tech poeple on this site and it highlights whre the faults are thus you are not just one customer complaining but many .
      Once again good luck and sorry for the punctuation.

boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      I have created anew thread for my exhange in the exchange problems forum. I have been having this issue for days, was convinced it was my end.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast