Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By skydance

Believe in Better!

This is a discussion on Believe in Better! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Another Sky way of Sky getting even better. Sky talktalk package now prevents me calling 1899 to get international calls ...

skydance is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01255
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: F@ST2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Believe in Better!

Another Sky way of Sky getting even better. Sky talktalk package now prevents me calling 1899 to get international calls to eastern Europe for 13p a minute. Without notice they blocked many of these facilities. To call direct via Sky 96p a minute! even BTare half that usurious rate!

I arranged to migrate my telephone line back to BT for 16.99 a month. However today I received 4 identical letters(?) from Sky advising me my broadband was being transferred as well, which I hadn't requested? Upon query, Sky's 'support' team then told me that if I changed telephone line provider from them, they no longer want me as an unlimited broadband customer - who's in charge there Sky - Vladimir Putin?

I believe Sky's position to be unfair, unreasonable and breaches EU competition law? I'm taking this up with everything I can find to amplify this heavy handed arrogance, including Watchdog, my MP and the kitchen sink. BT can provide superfast broadband, (74mb) and yes I'm in an area that provides it, a TV package that suits my needs, Netflix etc all for 48 (42 1st month). By the way if your exchange has LLU enabled, like mine, Sky can ditch you anytime they like and Mac Codes don't apply. They like to tell you, that they installed special local equipment for your benefit - yeah right! My payment last month to Sky, over 100 and we've been with them for 15 years. shame on you Murdoch - pure unalloyed greed.
      dog-man likes this.

2. Advertisement
      bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Sky
      Sky TV: SkyQ
      Thanks

Re: Believe in Better!

Quote Originally Posted by skydance View Post
      Another Sky way of Sky getting even better. Sky talktalk package now prevents me calling 1899 to get international calls to eastern Europe for 13p a minute. Without notice they blocked many of these facilities. To call direct via Sky 96p a minute! even BTare half that usurious rate!
      Where are you trying to phone?

Why can't you use 1899?
      They have an 0808 number which is free according to their website for all the non-BT providers.
      They have been blocked on SkyTalk for about 6 years!

I arranged to migrate my telephone line back to BT for 16.99 a month. However today I received 4 identical letters(?) from Sky advising me my broadband was being transferred as well, which I hadn't requested? Upon query, Sky's 'support' team then told me that if I changed telephone line provider from them, they no longer want me as an unlimited broadband customer - who's in charge there Sky - Vladimir Putin?
      You need line rental to have broadband with Sky and many providers now - this has been the case for over 2 years now, with Sky. Legacy customers can stay without but new customers cannot join and existing customers cannot split-off their line rental.

I believe Sky's position to be unfair, unreasonable and breaches EU competition law? I'm taking this up with everything I can find to amplify this heavy handed arrogance, including Watchdog, my MP and the kitchen sink. BT can provide superfast broadband, (74mb) and yes I'm in an area that provides it, a TV package that suits my needs, Netflix etc all for 48 (42 1st month). By the way if your exchange has LLU enabled, like mine, Sky can ditch you anytime they like and Mac Codes don't apply. They like to tell you, that they installed special local equipment for your benefit - yeah right! My payment last month to Sky, over 100 and we've been with them for 15 years. shame on you Murdoch - pure unalloyed greed.

The rest of your post is just a rant!
      What do you want anyone to say?
      Of course there are competitor products that you can choose to go to which may be cheaper but there will be things that you will lose. As to whether you care about them only you can decide. If you've had Sky 15 years then there are obviously things that you like.

skydance is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01255
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: F@ST2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Re: Believe in Better!

How naive you are, don't you see the ligature on free competition tightening. I'm not going to dignify your offensive opinion with an answer.