Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Broadband connection to laptop not working but connects to other gadgets

This is a discussion on Broadband connection to laptop not working but connects to other gadgets within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; My Windows 8.1 laptop has recently stopped connecting to Sky broadband, but all other gadgets still connect properly. Laptop recognises ...

KSmith66 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem (not sure of model)
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Unhappy Broadband connection to laptop not working but connects to other gadgets

My Windows 8.1 laptop has recently stopped connecting to Sky broadband, but all other gadgets still connect properly.

Laptop recognises the Sky router I'D and the signal is at full strength, but there is a little yellow triangle saying limited service and I cannot connect to Internet.

I have had it looked at this week and I thought the problem had been resolved, I was told it was something to do with the IP address. However when logging on to a different account, the same problem occurred again.

Anyone got any ideas - am getting frustrated!!! Sky say it's nothing to do with them, it's a problem with my laptop.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Broadband connection to laptop not working but connects to other gadgets

Have you tried right clicking the broadband icon in the tray and clicking 'Repair the connection'?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Re: Broadband connection to laptop not working but connects to other gadgets

Did Tom's suggestion help?

I sometimes get this with my Netgear WNDR3800. In order to resolve it I have to reboot the router. I've also had to reboot the SR101 on one occasion.

I would also recommend that you check that you have the latest drivers for the WiFi adaptor you have in your Laptop. Check both the site of the Laptop manufacturer and the site for the manufacturer of the adaptor.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms