Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Router logs

This is a discussion on Router logs within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Does anyone know how to see what internet sites have been viewed through a sky SR101 router and how best ...

ariston is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01902
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Router logs

Does anyone know how to see what internet sites have been viewed through a sky SR101 router and how best to keep track of what sites are being visited?

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,195 Times in 2,065 Posts

Re: Router logs

The SR101 doesn't keep a details log of its activity.

I don't think any domestic router would be capable of this.

What is it you are actually trying to monitor?

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

Hi Scubbie - I want to give my children some freedom but also make sure in the background that they do not end up regularly using sites that concern me. I read that netgear and most routers logged which sites were visited and the identity of the device / computer. Thanks

Scubbie is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,195 Times in 2,065 Posts

Certainly the more recent Netgear routers (with Netgear Genie) utilise the OpenDNS Parental Controls: Live Parental Controls | Apps | Discover | Home | NETGEAR

I've not looked into them in any great detail myself, but please take a look at the above link.

Since you are currently on ADSL, any current Netgear ADSL router would work on your connection. If you are looking to upgrade to Fibre, then it might be worth looking into a Cable router and connect it as shown in the linked thread below.

Using the DLink DIR613.

Sadly none of the Sky routers will allow you to control the devices individually or in groups. Personally I would love Sky to offer this. Perhaps they will introduce it at a later date with a new router. We can but hope.

I only know the Netgear routers as I have a WNDR3800. Perhaps other members could comment on other brands/models?

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

Okay many thanks for clarifying for me. I shall probably try to tackle this a different way rather than via the router.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Certainly the more recent Netgear routers (with Netgear Genie) utilise the OpenDNS Parental Controls: Live Parental Controls | Apps | Discover | Home | NETGEAR

I've not looked into them in any great detail myself, but please take a look at the above link.

Since you are currently on ADSL, any current Netgear ADSL router would work on your connection. If you are looking to upgrade to Fibre, then it might be worth looking into a Cable router and connect it as shown in the linked thread below.

Using the DLink DIR613.

Sadly none of the Sky routers will allow you to control the devices individually or in groups. Personally I would love Sky to offer this. Perhaps they will introduce it at a later date with a new router. We can but hope.

I only know the Netgear routers as I have a WNDR3800. Perhaps other members could comment on other brands/models?

Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Have you enabled Sky's Broadband Shield Parental controls? Sky Broadband Shield - Features

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.