Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

TD-W8968 issues

This is a discussion on TD-W8968 issues within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have the above router which i bought yesterday, as my netgear router wont work. I have tried countless times ...

tanis8472 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMBOSTO
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Angry TD-W8968 issues

I have the above router which i bought yesterday, as my netgear router wont work.
      I have tried countless times to connect to sky bb unlimited, but keep hitting a wall.

I have input all the correct settings
      VPI/VCI 0/38 etc.
      VC based
      Sky router says I am on PPPoA so used install@o2broadband.co.uk and PW install.

It syncs correctly and shows status as showtime (good) and connection as up.
      Now for the really annoying bit!!

I can not connect to any websites. If i use an ip address it will connect and show the site, which suggests that DNS is not working. BUT, as soon as i reconnect the SR101 it all works fine.

This is really peeing me off as the SR101 is crap. I want to use different DNS servers and be able to set other things up as I want them.

I also have a netgear DM111P modem which works. Well until earlier this evening
      Any ideas guys?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: TD-W8968 issues

Get the username and password for your own router and use them instead of the generic one you are using. There are instructions on getting the details in the Passwords section.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

tanis8472 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMBOSTO
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: TD-W8968 issues

Thanks for the reply isitme,

Already tried that too with the same result.
      I just set it up as an access point for now which is working well, although id much prefer to have just one router working.
      I used wireshark etc.