Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Add static ARP to Sagem F@ST 2504 running Custom Sky V2.8 Firmware on PC boot?

This is a discussion on Add static ARP to Sagem F@ST 2504 running Custom Sky V2.8 Firmware on PC boot? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I had script that was fed into netcat to add a static ARP entry to my router every time my ...

wollabie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Add static ARP to Sagem F@ST 2504 running Custom Sky V2.8 Firmware on PC boot?

I had script that was fed into netcat to add a static ARP entry to my router every time my computer boots. This is required for me to perform WOL over the net. If I don't do this (or just do it manually) the router eventually loses the ARP entry and will not start the PC.

For some reason the script is no longer working having worked fine for a year or 2.

Does anyone know a way to telnet or ssh into the router at PC start-up (e.g. a batch file in the start-up folder) so the ARP can be added each time the PC boots?

Just to add the router does seem a bit sluggish when logging in using the web interface. Could it be corrupted in some way?

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Re: Add static ARP to Sagem F@ST 2504 running Custom Sky V2.8 Firmware on PC boot?

Unfortunately Sky blocked any ability to Telnet into their routers.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

wollabie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Hub
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Add static ARP to Sagem F@ST 2504 running Custom Sky V2.8 Firmware on PC boot?

I managed to get it working again. I think the script that is fed into netcat has to be formatted in a certain way. I can't find any help on the subject but with a bit of playing around managed to get it functioning again.

I have no idea why it stopped working in the first place though :/