Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Why will my upload not go higher

This is a discussion on Why will my upload not go higher within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; In the past I had an upload around 1.2Mb, after DLM messed up my line stats I got sky to ...

Andy17 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Woodhouse (SLWD)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD

Why will my upload not go higher

In the past I had an upload around 1.2Mb, after DLM messed up my line stats I got sky to increase my speed back to where it was, but after this my upload would not go higher than 992kbps even though the noise margin is around 13db. is there something that they are not doing correctly that caused this.

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 13682 kbps 992 kbps
      Line Attenuation 42.5 db 18.5 db
      Noise Margin 7.00 db 13.5 db

Should the upload snr be so different to downstream
      Connected at 17Mbps on sky unlimited

Test Socket - TCPOptimiser - Kana Form

2. Advertisement
      gymno Guest
      Broadband ISP:
      Sky TV:

Re: Why will my upload not go higher

Those stats are bizarre.

With just a quick look, one would normally say that sky haven't optimised the line & you'd be better of having DLM train it.
      Not only should that give you some more upload speed, but as it generally uses a 6db downstream noise margin, would increase that too.

The thing is, with a 42.5db attenuation at 7db margin, 8Mbps would normally be considered good, 9Mb excellent & 10Mb phenomenal.
      To have 13.7Mbps must be some kind of record & so to be honest, i'm not sure what to recommend as any kind of fiddling could potentially reduce the downstream speed considerably.

The options are to either take your chances with DLM, ask sky to improve the upstream manually without touching the downstream, or sit tight in the knowledge that you're possibly a record breaker.