Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sky broadband without tv

This is a discussion on Sky broadband without tv within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have just been reminded that if my box goes wrong I am responsible for the cost of fixing it, ...

janitor is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01983
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky broadband without tv

I have just been reminded that if my box goes wrong I am responsible for the cost of fixing it, but can cover these box for the merge sum of, got board so didn't read any further, my question is how much extra a month would I need to pay for my broadband without Sky TV.

2. Advertisement
      gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: Sky broadband without tv

The premium for not having sky tv is 2.50, however according to this post it is due to be removed soon.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

The 2.50 surcharge can be removed by signing up for a further 12 months broadband.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Sky
      Sky TV: SkyQ
      Thanks

That's not (from how I read it) what the OP asked...he seems to be asking about the Sky protect notification customers get sent close to the end of their contract.

Sky Protect Isn't really worth it for TV customers so it definitely isn't worth it for non-tv customers.

If your router breaks then call and buy a new one or cancel and go somewhere else for a free router, either option is much cheaper than Sky Protect.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies, yes it is sky protect, but I am not going with it, I was wondering how much my broadband telephone package would go up, if I leave the tv when the sky+ box goes belly up,and I leave to go to freesat, although if it's only 2.50 a month I might not wait.

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Hi Janitor,

If you currently have a white Sky+ box there may be offers or incentives available to upgrade to Sky+ HD.
      With an HD ready TV this would enable you to take full advantage of HD quality programmes and give you access to TV On Demand.
      There are other advantages but I won't bore you with the details.

You can log in to "My Sky" and check your offers. If there's nothing there at present, no problem, offers do change so check again another time.

If your box was to fail and it couldn't be fixed without an engineer's visit you might like to discuss upgrading when speaking to cancellations.

Thanks

Although I already have a HD TV I tried sky+HD and couldn't tell the difference, luckily I managed to cancel,within the cooling off period, or I would have been paying for something I was getting no benefit from for a whole year. The box is working fine at the moment so not really an issue, just wanted to know how much extra it would cost if I was to drop the tv package, I will wait and see if they did drop then 2.50 I may get rid of the TV package anyway.

dnpark38 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01274
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by janitor View Post
      Although I already have a HD TV I tried sky+HD and couldn't tell the difference, luckily I managed to cancel,within the cooling off period, or I would have been paying for something I was getting no benefit from for a whole year. The box is working fine at the moment so not really an issue, just wanted to know how much extra it would cost if I was to drop the tv package, I will wait and see if they did drop then 2.50 I may get rid of the TV package anyway.
      To me it seems you have to be on the verge of cancelling with a new provider in mind and see what Sky prepared to offer to get you to stay, also not to accept their first offer.

dragon2611 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: AAISP + Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: N/A
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      Hi Janitor,

If you currently have a white Sky+ box there may be offers or incentives available to upgrade to Sky+ HD.
      With an HD ready TV this would enable you to take full advantage of HD quality programmes and give you access to TV On Demand.
      There are other advantages but I won't bore you with the details.

You can log in to "My Sky" and check your offers. If there's nothing there at present, no problem, offers do change so check again another time.

If your box was to fail and it couldn't be fixed without an engineer's visit you might like to discuss upgrading when speaking to cancellations.

When my LNB started failing and I was out of contract they tried the old trick of trying to charge for the engineer visit, I pointed out to them that if my equipment wasn't working then I couldn't receive the service why would I wish to continue paying for it... at first they tried to offer a discounted rate for the engineer visit but I wouldn't budge and eventually they gave in. There was no way I was going to pay them to fix a faulty LNB particularly as it was the original one from the previous owners installation.

Stupidly for them they ended up coming out twice as the first engineer swapped the box out which of course didn't fix it (I'd already tried that with a box I'd borrowed off a friend).

Usually if it's case of taking the hit on the engineer visit or losing you as a customer you can get them to come out for free, of course they might want to lock you into another 12month contract for doing it.

B J
      B J is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      The 2.50 surcharge can be removed by signing up for a further 12 months broadband.

What about someone who has had sky BB for several years, but has BT line rental, could they get rid of all sky tv and just keep BB without sky line rental?
      His name was nut, Mr P Nut.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast