Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Slow page loading times

This is a discussion on Slow page loading times within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Futher to my post above the problem has continued into this evening whereby every so often I can't access any ...

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Futher to my post above the problem has continued into this evening whereby every so often I can't access any sites for 5 minutes or so. The connection is there because my email still works and powering the router dow and then back up doesn't cure it. It hasn't happened for the last few hours though

2. Advertisement
      RaSunGod is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Abingdon
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Slow Page Loading, and strange problems

I have intermittent problems loading pages. Sometimes they work, sometime they don't. Strange still I have problems with messenger. It usually wont work for the first 5 minutes I've logged on, then will be okay... although sometimes it doesn't work at all. Same principle with my email and web access.

I am getting increasinly frustrated with Sky Broadband. I never once had an issue with my access using my previous provider, but since i've been with Sky I've had nothing but problems.

Has anyone any ideas/solutions to these problems?
      Thanks

deano_uk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wickersley
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Have you tried phoning sky ?

Painfull as it is unless you call them and let them know there is a problem they are not going to fix it.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yes, I have and they have no ideas whats wrong... they're looking into it...

deano_uk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wickersley
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      good stuff, just done the same myself.

Couldnt convince them that the fault isnt at my end though

I also mentioned there were lots of people having the same problem as its plastered all over this forum but he said it was the first he had heard of the problem.

God help us

slimserverbob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Beauchief (SLBC)
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      this problem is also discussed in thread "strange problem with ..". As I suspected in earlier post on this thread it seems to be https sites that are worst affected.

EviL AnGeL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Ok I have some news. Just finished on the phone to a helpful guy at tier 2 support. There is currently on ongoing issue which began late on Thursday that they were made aware of on Friday.

They know it's a problem that seems to be affecting onnet Sky connect packages. They know about the HTTPS issue which is related and I was given a vague estimate of a fix coming on Monday (hopefully). Basically because they only knew about it yesterday and because it's the weekend.

It was described to me as a "major outage" and tier 1 support should be aware of this as they have an internal service status page and checking it is the 4th or 5th thing they should do when taking calls about connection problems.

Neither of the support 1 staff I spoke to did this. Shame we haven't got an external service status page as this would have saved me hours of my time checking my end of things.

Anyway cut and short is it's not your settings or your router or anything else. It's Sky and will be fixed soon. (Hopefully)

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Excellent news. I'll keep any eye to see if things improve.

slimserverbob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Beauchief (SLBC)
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      thanks for following this up Evil

Mark EFC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Anfield
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by EviL AnGeL View Post
      Ok I have some news. Just finished on the phone to a helpful guy at tier 2 support. There is currently on ongoing issue which began late on Thursday that they were made aware of on Friday.

They know it's a problem that seems to be affecting onnet Sky connect packages. They know about the HTTPS issue which is related and I was given a vague estimate of a fix coming on Monday (hopefully). Basically because they only knew about it yesterday and because it's the weekend.

It was described to me as a "major outage" and tier 1 support should be aware of this as they have an internal service status page and checking it is the 4th or 5th thing they should do when taking calls about connection problems.

Neither of the support 1 staff I spoke to did this. Shame we haven't got an external service status page as this would have saved me hours of my time checking my end of things.

Anyway cut and short is it's not your settings or your router or anything else. It's Sky and will be fixed soon. (Hopefully)

Cheers bud

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)