Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By bubblegun

Sky Wifi is showing as on but no devices are connecting to it.

This is a discussion on Sky Wifi is showing as on but no devices are connecting to it. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello, I'm wondering if anybody can help as I'm stumped. We have a Sky Netgear (Dark Grey) router and currently ...

Villordsutch is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01925
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Sky Wifi is showing as on but no devices are connecting to it.

Hello,

I'm wondering if anybody can help as I'm stumped.

We have a Sky Netgear (Dark Grey) router and currently nobody in our home can connect to WiFi on any device. We have all restarted our devices and also turned the router off for two minutes a number of times throughout the day.

Before I go ahead and ring Sky is there anything else I can try and do to resolve this issue myself?

I have three daughters and one wife all looking at me with the red mist in their eyes as they cannot watch Netflix or YouTube in their own isolated nest.

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Re: Sky Wifi is showing as on but no devices are connecting to it.

Can the devices you are trying to connect see the Sky routers SID?
      If so turn off the router's wifi and make sure the SID disappears from the list of available access points.
      It wouldn't be the first time I've tried to connect to a neighbours service and wondered why my password was not being accepted.

Thanks

Made sure of that, my first shout around the house is, "Who are you trying to connect to!?" and I wait for, "Talk...", to return before I below back in desperation.

This time we are all trying the correct location. We are even all sat around the router now, we thought we had it not thirty minutes back when we unplugged the router for two minutes and restarted it, everything connected then about a few minutes in it just dropped off again and the removal of the plug trick hasn't replicated the same results.

The Wifi light is showing as green on the front of the box, and on the devices it shows as a full signal however it doesn't seem to want to share any data from the devices to the outside world.

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Sky
      Sky TV: SkyQ
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Villordsutch View Post
      Made sure of that, my first shout around the house is, "Who are you trying to connect to!?" and I wait for, "Talk...", to return before I below back in desperation.

This time we are all trying the correct location. We are even all sat around the router now, we thought we had it not thirty minutes back when we unplugged the router for two minutes and restarted it, everything connected then about a few minutes in it just dropped off again and the removal of the plug trick hasn't replicated the same results.

The Wifi light is showing as green on the front of the box, and on the devices it shows as a full signal however it doesn't seem to want to share any data from the devices to the outside world.
      Please don't get too upset but a new Hub v2 will be ~71 new or ~39 for reconditioned from broadband technical.
      Alternatively you can call retentions where they can do 20 or occasionally 10 plus 6.95 delivery for a new Hub v2 but in retentions you will have to re-contract for 12 months for these offers. It can be stacked with another offer though, so you might get a line rental discount or a tv saving along with this if you you are nice to the advisor - some of us are softies.
      Scubbie likes this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
      Please don't get too upset but a new Hub v2 will be ~71 new or ~39 for reconditioned from broadband technical.
      Alternatively you can call retentions where they can do 20 or occasionally 10 plus 6.95 delivery for a new Hub v2 but in retentions you will have to re-contract for 12 months for these offers. It can be stacked with another offer though, so you might get a line rental discount or a tv saving along with this if you you are nice to the advisor - some of us are softies.
      I did discover the initial price and I wasn't to happy but I never knew about retentions. I'll get on the phone tomorrow Thanks for this information. Do I just ring Sky Broadband or is it this Cancel/Change Sky number for retention's (03332 022 135)?

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Sky
      Sky TV: SkyQ
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Villordsutch View Post
      I did discover the initial price and I wasn't to happy but I never knew about retentions. I'll get on the phone tomorrow Thanks for this information. Do I just ring Sky Broadband or is it this Cancel/Change Sky number for retention's (03332 022 135)?
      I don't know what the numbers are but yes, essentially it is the option for Change Subscription > then cancel a product like telephone and/or broadband.

We get lots of these calls where we just "bang-on" a line rental discount to keep people happy.

You might have to speak to "Wales" first before you get a deal you like.
      Not to say their deals aren't good.
      Sometimes their offers are better than cancellations.

FYI, if downgrades offer you 15 per month off or better then retentions will usually only have this offer too, at best.

Thanks

Just to update I received my Router from Sky today and it was completely FREE (well I had to stay with them for 12 more months but I was anyway).

Thanks for the pointers I'm very happy now