Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

New Boxed SR102 on different phone line query

This is a discussion on New Boxed SR102 on different phone line query within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I've been give an brand new sr102 that my friend received (he's using a third party router) I currently ...

pollocmc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Croftfoot
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

New Boxed SR102 on different phone line query

Hi, I've been give an brand new sr102 that my friend received (he's using a third party router)

I currently have a sky issued netgear one (grey)

Do I have to get my adsl uid/password off the netgear (straightforward) and change the login details on the sr102? I don't want to mess up either mine or my friends connections. I'm wondering if the uid/password is tied to the physical phone line or sky account holder. If not can I just plug it in and crack on?

I've powered up the sr102 and can see nowhere where I would enter these settings.

2. Advertisement
      gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: New Boxed SR102 on different phone line query

It should just be a case of plug in & go.
      It'll be as if sky have sent you the router.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

There could be a problem if your friend is using the log in details of the Hub in his own router. If so there is a chance that one or both the routers will be rejected. If he is using the details from another router then there is nothing to worry about, just plug 'n play as Gymno says.

The log in details are unique to the router, not the user or phone line. There is no way to change these on the SR Hubs.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      There could be a problem if your friend is using the log in details of the Hub in his own router. If so there is a chance that one or both the routers will be rejected. If he is using the details from another router then there is nothing to worry about, just plug 'n play as Gymno says.
      If there is a problem and you have your login details from your original router pass these on to your friend who can use them to get online using his third party router.

Also if the SR102 has never been used it could take a considerable time from first plugging in before it will connect to the internet. Allow an hour, though it will probably be less than this, for it to download the latest firmware and carry out other housekeeping routines.