Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Fluctuating Noise Margin

This is a discussion on Fluctuating Noise Margin within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I'm on day 10 of a 10 day period that Tier 3 said it could take to send someone into ...

Mr Angry is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Putney, London
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Fluctuating Noise Margin

I'm on day 10 of a 10 day period that Tier 3 said it could take to send someone into my exchange to "change a card ?" - the only thing that's happened during that time is that whereas before my downstream noise margin was relatively stable at about 12-13 it now bounces around between 14 and 28 every few seconds? Not a great deal of use to me as they've still got me capped at 128kps and the connection still drops several times a day. But just wondered if anyone knows what this means as I while away the days until they next call me.

2. Advertisement
      bravedan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Littlehampton (SDLTTLH)
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Not so sure that conjecture, no matter how helpful, will get to the facts!!

I have had so many conflicting statements from various SKY centres/people as to actions being taken that I just mentally go "Yea Yea" and pass on by..........it's only for the patient, that's for sure.............
      My Bus speed is 26 mph, what's yours??

Mr Angry is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Putney, London
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I dont have a bus but I do have a number of carrier pigeons which I'm thinking of renting out to sky in order that they communicate with their customers more quickly and efficiently