Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Please help- I'm puzzled - MAC code needed on a new line?

This is a discussion on Please help- I'm puzzled - MAC code needed on a new line? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by jeffersuk Well BT Wholesale confirmed that it was down to the previous person having had ADSL on ...

Saiyan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Luton
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by jeffersuk View Post
      Well BT Wholesale confirmed that it was down to the previous person having had ADSL on the line, even though I'd got a new number. The tag is to be removed on 3rd Nov (Fri) but the lady at BT Wholsale said Sky could force it through by doing a 'manual CRF' which involves emailing the details across. She said some ISPs would do this but not others.

So I rang Sky with this information and the lady there was pretty angry when I told her this, she had a sort of 'Oh not this again' attitude. She said they couldn't do that, because by emailing the details across they were breaking the Data Protection Act. So the only thing I can do is wait until the tag was cleared and then order. So that will be Friday, or possibly Monday by the time systems update.
      But if Sky got your permission to share your details with BTw then that wouldn't be breaking the 'Data Protection Act'.... would it??? 0_o?

2. Advertisement
      jeffersuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Watford
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyan View Post
      But if Sky got your permission to share your details with BTw then that wouldn't be breaking the 'Data Protection Act'.... would it??? 0_o?
      True, she didn't seem in any mood to do that though. I get the feeling that they wouldn't email the information, that was the problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12