Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky Security Questions with accounts?

This is a discussion on Sky Security Questions with accounts? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Okay well I managed to get his 8 digit account number way before I have to ring, just for my ...

Xirix is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky Security Questions with accounts?

Okay well I managed to get his 8 digit account number way before I have to ring, just for my own paranoia... would they ever ask for information related to the sort code?

2. Advertisement
      Hedgehog1979 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01506
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HDw box X2
      Thanks

Sky Security Questions with accounts?

Hi

If you call up as the account holder you will be asked for the password on the account, if you cannot supply this they will then ask for your mothers maiden name as long as this has been set up as a security question, only if both password and maiden can't be supplied will you then be asked for the bank details.

If it is a direct debit that has been set up then you will be asked for the last 2 digits of the account number but if the payment is set up as credit card payment you will be asked for the last four digits of the long number on the card.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Sky
      Sky TV: SkyQ
      Thanks

Re: Sky Security Questions with accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog1979 View Post
      Hi

If you call up as the account holder you will be asked for the password on the account, if you cannot supply this they will then ask for your mothers maiden name as long as this has been set up as a security question, only if both password and maiden can't be supplied will you then be asked for the bank details.

If it is a direct debit that has been set up then you will be asked for the last 2 digits of the account number but if the payment is set up as credit card payment you will be asked for the last four digits of the long number on the card.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
      Just further to what Hedgehog said..

If you're not the account holder then all they can ask for is the password.
      All other security details can ONLY be confirmed by the account holder.
      You can pretend you're the account holder if you want, but that is fraud, so decide yourself if you want to do this.

Some advisors will ask to speak to both the Sky account holder and the bank account holder when changing bank details over the phone.
      You change payment details on Sky.com through MySky which will be much easier if you can navigate a website!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12