Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Internet Dropout.

This is a discussion on Internet Dropout. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Saturday Don't get yourself too wound up When engineers talk about replacing a line they generally mean ...

divybc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Internet Dropout.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturday View Post
      Don't get yourself too wound up

When engineers talk about replacing a line they generally mean they will swap to an unused pair. Depending on how many subscribers are serviced form it, a cabinet and/or exchange will usually have spare pairs available for future expansion. Whilst a diligent engineer will try to find the best pair available, sometimes there's not much choice.

Yes, briefly explain the problem e.g. "every time I use my phone I lose my internet connection and I've noticed that this coincides with a massive drop in noise margin - I can show you my router stats if that would help. Also, the problem persists even when in the test socket and I've changed filters, router and phone with no success". So, you've told the engineer the effect and the measures you've taken. Leave him/her to find the cause.

I suspect it will turn out to be a very simple line/exchange problem and easily fixed. If not, keep your temper and get back to Sky. They will get it sorted for you.
      Haha I'll try not to get wound up too much but it just bothers me that it will drop my connection guaranteed then it will just mess around with my SNR and not cause it to drop out for a good 5 minutes on the call.

I'm hoping your right with it being a simple problem but I will take it up with sky if it's not fixed because I'm not happy about this happening all of a sudden because it was NEVER like this before.

Ty for the help and I will let you know how it goes tomorrow when the engineer has came round!

2. Advertisement
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Don't get yourself too wound up

When engineers talk about replacing a line they generally mean they will swap to an unused pair. Depending on how many subscribers are serviced form it, a cabinet and/or exchange will usually have spare pairs available for future expansion. Whilst a diligent engineer will try to find the best pair available, sometimes there's not much choice.

Yes, briefly explain the problem e.g. "every time I use my phone I lose my internet connection and I've noticed that this coincides with a massive drop in noise margin - I can show you my router stats if that would help. Also, the problem persists even when in the test socket and I've changed filters, router and phone with no success". So, you've told the engineer the effect and the measures you've taken. Leave him/her to find the cause.

I suspect it will turn out to be a very simple line/exchange problem and easily fixed. If not, keep your temper and get back to Sky. They will get it sorted for you.
      So after that visit he was a very clued up nice guy! He done tests found a lot of crc errors and said he couldn't find any HR. He went to give me a new line on the d side and e side and ended up didn't touch the d side as he said he couldn't get access to it. He said he picked out a better line for digital services on the e side and came back done his test again, all crc errors gone in a 5 minute range.

Test my phone and the weird behaviour seems to have disappeared for now. He said test it, see how it goes and it you report it again it will probably be him again and he'll concentrate more on the d side line.

Hope all stays good for now tho! Fingers crossed!

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

There you go

Exchange:
      Thanks

There you go
      Glad there are guys out there like him he was a nice guy to talk to, he wasn't a grumpy bugger. Showed me all his equipment fitted a new MK2 so I've got 2 now haha!

Phoned sky DLM is now running, hope to stay at my superfast 4meg (sarcasm) and be nice and stable.

Thanks for all the help and info you and isitme gave me on here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234