Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Dropouts

This is a discussion on Dropouts within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I know this subject has been covered many times but I am fed up with being fobbed off, my ...

Sapper is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01803
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Dropouts

Hi, I know this subject has been covered many times but I am fed up with being fobbed off, my Broadband is very slow & keeps dropping out , I also have a very noisy phone line to the extent that when I get a call it is sometimes very difficult to hear the caller.

I have called Sky many times & have been through re-setting the router, new adsl filters, cables etc until my ears bleed, I am now seriously considering swapping suppliers.

Can anyone suggest anything I may not have already tried

2. Advertisement
      Hedgehog1979 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01506
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HDw box X2
      Thanks

Dropouts

Before trying to fix the broadband issue I would focus on the noise on your phone line first.

Try connecting just your phone direct to your master socket or if you have one then direct to the test socket. If you still have noise then try a different phone and if you still have noise then the fault needs to be logged by Sky to Openreach.

Once the line issue is resolved hopefully you will find this will fix the issues you are having with the broadband.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DavidJFirman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01923
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited & talk
      Router: SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Dropouts

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog1979 View Post
      Before trying to fix the broadband issue I would focus on the noise on your phone line first.

Try connecting just your phone direct to your master socket or if you have one then direct to the test socket. If you still have noise then try a different phone and if you still have noise then the fault needs to be logged by Sky to Openreach.
      I'd agree with that. If you have a dodgy line then there is no* way your BB will work properly.

[* a VERY slim]
      Sky unlimited BB - 7006 / 1317 (if it's working).
      [Previously Dialup with Prestel @1200/75; AOL @ 9600; Line One, Tiscali, ClaraNET & C&W @ 56k; then ADSL/ADSL2 from PlusNet, BT, PostOffice and O2]