Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Speed test by easynet/sky?

This is a discussion on Speed test by easynet/sky? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/image...attach/jpg.gif File Type: jpg well here is a pic, to make people laugh,(hopefully it comes out here) wish I could ...

boomish is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Isleworth
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/image...attach/jpg.gif
      File Type: jpg
      well here is a pic, to make people laugh,(hopefully it comes out here)
      wish I could say it was all sorted, spoke to a girl at sky this morn who was very sweet but seem somewhat lost as to the problem, she said she can't see why I am capped there is no note of it, and would have to refer it to someone else to look into it.
      She kind of made out like that I'm getting max now, I told her the two previous tech guys both said I was capped and was because my connection would be unreliable for them to make it faster. I had to convince her to pass it on.
      Now I have to wait up to 5 days for someone to phone me back. weird guys I spoke to before had the controls in their hands, I suppose it's luck who you get through to.
      I phoned the 0800 number maybe there is a direct tech number that would have been better.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Speed test by easynet/sky?-phone-filters.jpg  

2. Advertisement
      fubofo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: NTL
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

LOL love it

Hey Boomish, lovin the daisy chain

Though I still dnt see a need for it as your router is plugged into the first one, thus not really affecting the connection to your router. Chances are, if ya plug it into the 3rd (or FOURTH eheh), ya probably lose your connection. Please try it anyway and let me know.

As for the tech guys, you most likely went to Tier 1 and as far as I know onlyTier 3 can cap your line, which unfortunately takes a while for your ticket to reach them. Hope it all works out for ya

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fubofo View Post
      Hey Boomish, lovin the daisy chain

Though I still dnt see a need for it as your router is plugged into the first one, thus not really affecting the connection to your router. Chances are, if ya plug it into the 3rd (or FOURTH eheh), ya probably lose your connection. Please try it anyway and let me know.

As for the tech guys, you most likely went to Tier 1 and as far as I know onlyTier 3 can cap your line, which unfortunately takes a while for your ticket to reach them. Hope it all works out for ya
      Check the results , in the post on the first page, each filter gained a 1dB or so! I took readings as I attached each one. I know it seems mad but hey it works.
      Thanks for the tip, I hope sky sort it soon, good news it's been on all day at the fastest it's ever been! and no weir drop outs or lag.
      Connection Speed 7645 kbps 764 kbps
      Line Attenuation 34.5 db 20.3 db
      Noise Margin 15.9 db 12.5 db

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Smile update

Well the nice people at Sky did eventually uncap me and I get 12 meg now, my router is rock solid at this speed, not a disconection at all but the noise margin has gone down and general surfing feels very slow, which is odd, although I can get great download speed though.
      Connection Speed 11997 kbps 765 kbps
      Line Attenuation 34.5 db 20.2 db
      Noise Margin 10.8 db 8.0 db

so thanks for all the help guys I got there in the end, unfortunalty the other nightmare is my domain people didnt forward my email properly so found out I was only getting half of my emails, arghh what a disaster...oh and today my web page also started suffering the same thing, they keep pointing to my old server address, so it's not just sky having problems.

Edmunders is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02380
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Speed test by easynet/sky?

This is mine,

Connection Speed 7360 kbps 448 kbps
      Line Attenuation 39 db 24 db
      Noise Margin 7 db 27 db

I live in southampton but thought i would do the test to london and birmingham (I don't know what is best to test) this is utterly pathetic as i have had virgin bb 2mb and it was so much faster on games etc with no random drops.

london

birmingham

My router has been moved away from as many electricals as I could and there is only the landline phone plugged into the microfilter in the 1 and only master socket we have. I've not phoned sky yet, might I benefit from asking them from what has been posted here?

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Start your own thread, this one is nearly 3 yrs old.

Also try a wire, not wireless and forget that test site it's useless, try the one on this forum.

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Congratulations on reviving a thread that's nearly 3 years old

Are you sure you're on Sky Base (or whatever they call it now) - those stats look like Connect to me. In which case I suggest you look at one of the many more recent Connect threads e.g. (Unofficial) FAQ - Sky Connect Users.

Edmunders is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02380
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Alright calm down! I didn't care to look at the date. I just searched for this. Also I don't have any idea what the exchange and pretty much anything else so I just filled it out because it wouldn't let me continue.

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Edmunders
      Hi all Smithy is saying start your own thread so your problem can be looked at and if possible help towards solving it as Saturday says looks like you are on connect, With an Upstream of 448kbps that is the connect package re-badged Bt product also your exchange is it woolston (stwlstn) if so Sky / Easynet was Enabled as of 28/06/2007. It could be a good idea finding out what package you are on Base or connect

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I don't think the poster is on Base, if he were he would not be syncing at over 7000kbps. Like many, he is suffering from Connectivitus. He should read Saturdays link and open his own thread if his problem is different from the well known Connect one.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12