Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Unable to connect to SKY using ASUS RT-N66U

This is a discussion on Unable to connect to SKY using ASUS RT-N66U within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Dear all, please accept my apologies now if this has already been covered. I've been trawling the internet for hours ...

yomchi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Unable to connect to SKY using ASUS RT-N66U

Dear all, please accept my apologies now if this has already been covered. I've been trawling the internet for hours now and not found answers relating to my issue - there's many that are close but none that are the same. Here goes.

I'm running an Asus RT-N66U Dark Knight router connected to a Draytek Vigor 110 modem.
      I was previously using the stock Asus software and I was connected to SKY broadband (ADSL & Unlimited) just fine.

I then installed "Tomato Firmware 1.28.0000 MIPSR2-117 K26 USB AIO-64K" without a hitch. No errors or anything. Everything was going fine but then I realised that I had no internet connection. I put my SKY username and password (which I previously obtained when I ditched the SR101 hub). I entered the details shown below and nothing has happened, Still no connection to SKY. I've rebooted the Asus router and I've left the modem off all night, turned it on again this morning and waited hours but still no connection.

http://www.blazingweb.co.uk/sky/WAN.JPG

I've also put the 'username@skydsl|password' into the WANDHCP section under "Advanced"

http://www.blazingweb.co.uk/sky/DHCPWAN.JPG

Still no joy

I'm hoping it's something blindingly obvious that I have missed. Any help gratefully received.
      Thanks
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unable to connect to SKY using ASUS RT-N66U-dhcpwan.jpg   Unable to connect to SKY using ASUS RT-N66U-wan.jpg  

2. Advertisement
      yomchi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Unable to connect to SKY using ASUS RT-N66U

Dear all - I did everything correctly above. I decided to clear the NVRAM in the Asus router, pull the power on the Modem. Rebooted the router, plugged the modem power back in, within a minute I had a WAN IP address showing in the WAN details on the Asus router.

I should have cleared the NVRAM last night and saved myself time and effort

Start simple!!