Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Trying to upgrade from Conenct to Max...

This is a discussion on Trying to upgrade from Conenct to Max... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hey, I was connected onto sky connect on the 18th Sept, got crappy speeds for a while but all ok ...

GSK69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Earlsdon, Coventry
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Trying to upgrade from Conenct to Max...

Hey,

I was connected onto sky connect on the 18th Sept, got crappy speeds for a while but all ok now, getting 7meg, no probs.

A few weeks ago I noticed my exchange had been easynet enabled on the 19th Sept! So called sky two weeks ago to get my line switched over to max - adsl+2 - 16meg for a tenner a month....

Guy I spoke to said no probs, all done, then last week got a letter from SKY saying there was a problem with my request and to call provisioning, so called them and they said the order had been rejected as im on a bt product at present. They told me to call customer services to get a mac code in order they can switch my line over to sky's LLU????

Called customer services and they didn't know what the hell I was goin on about and that I didn't need a mac code....

All I want to do is upgrade my service from connect to bloody max! No-one seems to know what they are doin!

Anyway, customer services ordered me a mac code anyway even though they couldn't understand why I would need one.

Awaiting a mac code to come in post, then got to call provisioning with it to get it swapped over.....

Seems like a load of hassel to go through just to get my line upgraded!!

Anyone got any ideas or had the same done?

2. Advertisement
      Restorer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      I've been on the Connect pakage for a month or so and now getting good stable speeds. I noticed my exchange was unbundled 21 October. Called Sky to get upgraded. The guy seemed foxed by my request and passed me on to someone who typed some details into his computer and said it was done.

Next day my line went dead - and stayed that way. I reported the fault to BT who next day said they'd fixed it. But they hadn't. I could connect at dialup speeds but could not make or receive phone calls. BT said the fault was with their network and now someone would be attending to it next Tuesday - that will make a full week with no phone line.

Do any of these people know what they are doing?

markyb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: orrell
      Broadband ISP: connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      i thought sky did it automatically once your exchange was upgraded

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thats what I thought, I guess the first two posters didn't recieve a mail from SKY so took the bull by the horns and contacted Sky themselves to get onto the mid/max packages.

GSK69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Earlsdon, Coventry
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yeah, I thought they would automatically upgrade me to mid but had my statement through and they have charged me up to begining of december for connect at 17....

Why should I pay this when I've been in a sky area since 19th September!

Not sure what's going on?

I just wanted to get adsl2+ for the speed, I'm not far from the exchange so would expect to get about 12-13meg hopefully - double what I'm getting now for 7 less a month!

Come on Sky - get it sorted.

dasboot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Atherton
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Please keep us updated as tohow you get on with this. I have a keen interest as I'm also on the connect package and my exchange has just been unbundled by Easynet.
      There seems to be no clear procedure for upgrading your connection, the Sky Broadband website is sadly lacking any information. I'm certainly sceptical about trying to get Sky to intervene too early after having no end of problems getting my account set up to begin with. I would have hope that the process would have been automatic after a few weeks of the work being carried out at the exchanges, but your date is quite a few weeks ago.
      Nice if someone from Sky could comment on what procedures are in place.