Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Assus DSL-N66U router

This is a discussion on Assus DSL-N66U router within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi to everyone I have a brand new Assus DSL-N66u router which i purchased while I was with o2 as ...

Alainb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 011796992
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Assus DSL-N66U router

Hi to everyone I have a brand new Assus DSL-N66u router which i purchased while I was with o2 as they and Sky told me I could use my own router , then after I took the plunge and signed up to Sky they inform me I cannot use my own router ,but must use there Skyhub 101 sr. I paid good money for my Assus and would like to use it instead of the skyhub. I have tried several times to connect it ,but I cant get it to work, I am not very up on networking and am a pensioner and cant afford to get some one in, I have always managed before to get routers to work but give up with this one.
      Can anyone help me in a clear easy to understand format. I am using ADsL bt phone type using PPOA which the sky hub uses. my router is Asus DSL-N66U dual band wifi ADSL/VDSL modem Router. I would appreciate every bit of help, I am new to your Forums many thanks Alaib

2. Advertisement
      LeeH1978 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Barrow Upon Humber
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: SR102
      Sky TV: SkyHD box
      Thanks

Assus DSL-N66U router

You can extract your username and password from your sky hub. There is a you tube vid that explains it very simply.

You will need a modem if your Asus hasn't got one built in.

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Assus DSL-N66U router

You will need to extract your username and password from the sky hub.

How to get the Username and Password for the Sky Hub SR101

You wont need a separate modem, that's only needed for fibre unless your router has one built in.

You may need to flash your router, not too sure about this, but there are plenty of threads on the forum which should help.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

As it is an ADSL router all you need is your username and password and the following settings.

Encapsulation...PPPoA
      VPI..................0
      VCI.................38
      Multiplex.........VC-Mux
      MTU...............1500

You should not need to flash unless you want access to extra settings, or decide to go for Fibre. The video mentioned above can be found here - Sky Router SR101 Username & Password Extract

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Many thanks for all your help I have followed the video using Shark after doing everything all I get on Notepad =h?G this is after selecting DHCP discover package going to bootstrap protocol expanding selecting option61 client identifier right clicking copy, bytes , printable text only then pasting into Notpad everytime all I get as password etc is =h?G any help would be grateful this is for the white hub SR101, all answers please keep idiot proof, as Im in my dotage years . thanks a lot AlainB

Thanks

Just to check
      Might not always be necessary but did you disable your AV
      You disconnected from the internet and plugged direct into your PC
      It might be easier and to be sure nothing else is interfering, start Your PC in Safe Mode with Networking, plug in the Hub and restart it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

I just used the wizard on my DSL-N55U and it connected without any issues so I'd image the wizard would be the same with the new N66U. So long as you have the right username/password you shouldn't really have any problems...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

Hi Thanks for your help, I have tried everything even a 2nd pc/laptop running win7, all I keep getting is =h?G or( a) something I received my hub in December 2013 is it possible that sky have updated the hub to stop people getting username/password I tried pc in safe mode Shark wont work properly in that mode as part of the capture program doesn't load. I tried it with antivirus and Firewall turned off. I assume that I am doing the procedure correctly as open wire shark go to capture in drop down box click on interface tick local area connection box close program turn off router or reboot wait for internet to come back on open capture on shark click on start run for a minute or so, when you spot some DHCP packets stop capture red stop button , then enter udp.port==67 or 68 into the filter box make sure it turns green then hit apply.click on any DHCP Discover packets drop down page looking for Bootstrap Protocol expand on + then look for option 61 client identifier right click then copy in box then bytes then Printable Text open notpad and paste.That is the procedure I have followed and get no results only the ones I have shown in previous messages what am I doing wrong can someone help many thanks Alain B

Thanks

wait for internet to come back on
      You shouldn't be connected to the internet, only the PC you are using with wireshark.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

Sorry I think you misunderstood me, I have only 1 PC connected to internet, I tried wireshark on first PC that didn't work. I turned of disconnected cabling then tried the laptop everything else in house was turned off, reading through wireshark for some reason wireshark doesn't like quad processors my main computer is an i7 with quad processor running Win7 is there another method or program worth trying to get username/password Alain B

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast