Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

No internet gateway connection under network connections!!!

This is a discussion on No internet gateway connection under network connections!!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have recently got sky broadband and i seem to drop out all the time! And also i do not ...

teek22 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSBRO
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

No internet gateway connection under network connections!!!

I have recently got sky broadband and i seem to drop out all the time!
      And also i do not have the internet gateway icon under network connections in control panel. Can someone help me please!

2. Advertisement
      The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Hey thats just windows picking up the upnp on the router (ithink) and as such windows doesnt tend to find it everynow and then, you might notice it will just appear if you go into the router disable and then enable upnp.
      Upnp is sometimes the cause of a dropping connection so turn it off and let us know if the connection is more stable. Can you also post up the router stats for snr etc can be found under statistics button.

Few other simple checks first, Are you in the master socket? Do you have filters on all phone points, does it drop of at about 5-9 or all the time, post all these up and we will try sort it out for you.
      Last edited by The Doctor; 28-10-06 at 01:59 PM.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

k i have changed some settings which i found on another thread. i done this last night it just disconnected now as i am typing this but i will tell u later if its more stable. i have a microfilter in each phone socket that is using something and how do i know what is the master socket!!!

Last edited by teek22; 28-10-06 at 02:30 PM.

Thanks
      deffo think this is related to upnp or some other settings as your downstream noise margin is quite good and thats the one that usual cuts it off it it drops to around 5.9

Your line attenuation is a tad high, the master socket is hard to find if you dont know where it is, look for one that has 2 screws on it and line going across the middle if you do have one then the test socket is under it connect directly to that.

you using an extension cable? I deffo dont think its a line issue with those stats but when you took out the bband what was the max speed your line could handle.

ellies14me is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Willenhall (01902)
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi Teek,

Here are some pics of a Master Socket. It is normally white, ours is painted to blend in with the decor.

This is the main connection point into the house. Not everyone has one, particularly if you have an older installation or house.

If yours looks like this, pull out the plug and remove the faceplate.
      Here you will see something like pic 2.

Plug in your setup into the socket that is underneath. This increased my speed by about 1.5meg and also increased stability.
      You can see the inline filter hanging off mine, which then has the phoneline and Router cable in. If you have wired extensions off the main socket, you will see some wiring to the left (Not present in mine) and you will need to leave the faceplate dangling.

To tidy things up, I have ordered a new faceplate which has the required filters built in.
      see: ADSL Nation NTE-2005 Master face plate

If you do have extensions, then there is just a little more work in installing the plate.

Remember any extension sockets elsewhere round the house, will also need to have the microfilters put on the lines, or noise feeds back down to the master. This is why you get 3 in with your Router from SKY.

Another option: Remove your extensions, and go for the 2/3/4/5/6/ way DECT phones you can get now. I've seen some 4 ways in Argos for about 50.
      This way, like me, you can remove all of the wiring away from the Master socket.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Ian.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails No internet gateway connection under network connections!!!-mastersocket.jpg   No internet gateway connection under network connections!!!-masterfaceplateoff.jpg  
      Last edited by ellies14me; 28-10-06 at 03:11 PM.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

any other way of sorting it out cos i found my master socket, but its no where near where i want my pc to be and i dont want to fiddle around with a wireless conection. and is there anything else i can do?? Also i am Not using an extension

ellies14me is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Willenhall (01902)
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Not really, unless you run an extension cable under the carpet, wireless is the way to go to avoid the hassle of wiring.

I was in PC World this morning, and they have a Belkin 125G Wireless Card in at 24.99, might be even cheaper on-line.

Mine works great!

Ian.

Thanks
      its realy just for test purposes mate, if you have tried settings the mtu and upnp settings etc and your line stats are fine its most likely the quality of the socket and line your connected to. is there no way you can connect your pc etc to it just to see if it stops the disconnecting?

do you have wireless available.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

What would i have to change my mtu size to?? I will have to buy a wireless card, will they still be fast enough for me to play online gaming??

Thanks
      make sure its no higher than 1472, any higher and things get a tad dodgy lol.

Wireless will still be fine for your gaming bud, If your not botherd about waiting for delivery order the dongle from sky for 20 as then they can support you over the phone if need be on settings it up and it will basicly work straight outa the box.

however if your like me and dont want to wait nip down and get one of the ones suggested above and if you get stuck we shall help you out.

quick question, you did turn upnp off yeh?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast