Results 1 to 10 of 13
Do I need to contact BT
This is a discussion on Do I need to contact BT within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi there, Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I forgot to ask Sky, and can't bear the thought ...
- 26-10-06, 08:04 PM #1
Do I need to contact BT
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I forgot to ask Sky, and can't bear the thought of listening to their 'on hold' telephone music again!
I have just ordered Sky broadband for my parents, they have never had a broadband connection, just dial up. Do sky contact BT and get them to activate a broadband line, or do I have to do it?
This is a new order, not a migration.
Many thanks for your help
- 26-10-06, 09:09 PM #2Site FounderExchange: Gravesend, NDGRABroadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200Router: Non Sky RouterSky TV: Yes
- Join Date
- Aug 2006
- Kent, UK
- Thanked 41 Times in 28 Posts
- Blog Entries
Hello marky and welcome
if you have ordered Sky broadband then you need to do nothing Sky will arrange it all, are they having a engineer visit to set it all up..?
Glenn"To help would be a great adventure"
- 27-10-06, 02:54 PM #3
Thanks for the reply.
No, Sky engineers aren't coming out, I'm setting it up for my parents. (I've already set up a home wireless network for myself,so have a bit of an idea).
Sky said the router would be with my parents in 5 days. It was only after I hung up that I realised my broadband line activation with BT took about 4 weeks!, so wasn't too sure as to what I needed to do with Sky, or if they did everything.
- 27-10-06, 02:59 PM #4Skyuser Serial SpammerExchange: RedditchBroadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* ProRouter: Sagem F@ST 2504Sky TV:
Sky works with BT and they sort out the line side, All you wait for is your router, You usually get this around 2-3 days before your activation date!
- 27-10-06, 03:04 PM #5
you should get a letter to the billing address with all the details including username and password as well as the activation date.
- 27-10-06, 03:06 PM #6Skyuser Serial SpammerExchange: RedditchBroadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* ProRouter: Sagem F@ST 2504Sky TV:
@Madman? I only got a USERNAME no password? So you never know?
But you should recieve a few letters!
1. Confirming order, Product and CAPS!
2. Containing Activation date and USERNAME and/or Password!
3.The Actual Router it self!
- 27-10-06, 03:13 PM #7
really? i was told on the phone by the rep i will get both, i am wrong i guess
- 27-10-06, 03:15 PM #8Skyuser Serial SpammerExchange: RedditchBroadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* ProRouter: Sagem F@ST 2504Sky TV:
You never know you might get it ?
- 27-10-06, 03:26 PM #9
i just hope my router turns up, not 2 worried about the password
- 31-10-06, 11:28 AM #10
well i got the following (in order):
1. Letter confirming order & product.
3. Letter saying router is sent out!
4. Containing Activation date and USERNAME and Password