Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remote Desktop

This is a discussion on Remote Desktop within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Murph I started up Zone Alarm a little while ago and my connection is still alive and ...

craigiusmaximus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Mexborough (SLMEX)
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Murph View Post
      I started up Zone Alarm a little while ago and my connection is still alive and kicking. So it must have been the service set up in the router that was the problem.

Which is strange because when I first set up the service I used the TCP/UDP option which I thought would allow both kinds of traffic. I tried using the UDP option for the service when it wasn;t working. Although I don't think I tried just a TCP service. Never mind it's working now so I shan't complain

What is https://secure.logmein.com/go.asp?page=home ?

you download and install there softwear on you machine then go to there web page on another machine and log into your machine that way.

2. Advertisement
      druidvideo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Vauxhall
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      www.logmein.com is free and very good
      Sync - D-11221 kbps U-766 kbps
      Attenuation D-38.5 db U-24.8 db
      Noise Margin D-6.9 db U-11.5 db
      Distance to Exchange - 1.14km

ldjones48 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Radford
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Dont like logmein remote desktop is mich easier and secure.

Rufus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Remote Desktop

G'day all. I've read through this post and many others and seem to be experiencing the same issues as everyone else but I still can't get to a resolution, My situation is as below

Firewall: Windows
      Ports: 3389 on Udp/tcp open for inbound and outbound forwarded to my computer
      Router: Set up with dyndns

When trying to connect from work to my home PC I get the "Client could not connectů" message. I know the ports are open at work as colleagues can successfully connect to their own PC's. I've disabled the firewall completely as well during my tests and still have no success. I have a work laptop at home which I VPN to a server at work and then try to RDP back, now I guess there could be some VPN issue here as there may be a different firewall etc but I doubt it. I've allowed RDP thru my windows firewall as well so I'm fast running out of things to try. What else can I check to pinpoint the problem?

Cheers

ldjones48 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Radford
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Remote Desktop

To eliminate problems, firstly check if you can RDP to your PC using your WAN's IP address to eliminate if a problem is present in regards to the DNS system. Secondly have you gave your PC you are wishing to connect to a Static IP address? If not give it one and then check the routers firewall/services to make sure inbound packets are allowed through to the static IP address you gave your PC. I know this may sound stupid but have you checked to make sure that RDP is enabled on the PC you are trying to connect to? To run a test type "mstsc /v 127.0.0.1" into the windows run command.

Cheers

Lee

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234