Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

How long is the wireless extender taking to arrive?

This is a discussion on How long is the wireless extender taking to arrive? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; They offered me a Sky Hub because I had one of the original routers and said if I still have ...

NickS is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: How long is the wireless extender taking to arrive?

They offered me a Sky Hub because I had one of the original routers and said if I still have blackspots to order a free booster by 27 Feb. Now they're saying out of stock but you can still register. I don't really need one but I've ordered one anyway at the price. Might come in handy for the garden on the off-chance we get a summer.

2. Advertisement
      al81 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01323
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NickS View Post
      They offered me a Sky Hub because I had one of the original routers and said if I still have blackspots to order a free booster by 27 Feb. Now they're saying out of stock but you can still register. I don't really need one but I've ordered one anyway at the price. Might come in handy for the garden on the off-chance we get a summer.
      Hi NickS,

Did you see much improvement to wireless reception changing to the SR102? I haven't bothered changing mine because coverage, if not speed, is adequate.

I have had no correspondence at all with Sky over this, I just ordered on the website and that was it. Certainly no offer of getting the booster as well as the Hub.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I can't really comment on speed or coverage because the wireless on my Sky router died over 3 years ago so I was using an n cable router as a wireless access point which had no issues re speed or coverage, but I kept getting dropouts on various devices which have now stopped. What is noticeable is the connection to my Sky+ HD box which used to drop out daily but is now stable and noticeably faster. As a bonus Sky have restarted DLM testing since I changed the router, my line had been set at 13Mbps and last night I was on 14.5Mbps with a rock solid connection

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NickS For This Useful Post:

al81 (05-02-14)

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

@al81
      Did you see much improvement to wireless reception changing to the SR102? I haven't bothered changing mine because coverage, if not speed, is adequate.
      If you have the old Sagem, you should fit the new Hub. Although it is not great, it is far better than your old G router, especially if you have wireless N adapters. You might also find it gets you a better speed as it works better with DLM, so your line can train better.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

al81 (05-02-14)

Exchange:
      Thanks

Wondered if the new DLM testing and speed increase was connected with the new hub. Thought the improvement in Sky+ HD connectivity might have something to do with it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123