Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Who's telling the truth on migrating?

This is a discussion on Who's telling the truth on migrating? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I've just found this site, Hi ! , Its quality. Could have done with it 3 weeks ago and I ...

swoggy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MROLD
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Who's telling the truth on migrating?

I've just found this site, Hi ! , Its quality.

Could have done with it 3 weeks ago and I wouldn't have wasted all this time with my migration.

I first registered my interest then got an email from 'SKY' telling me to get the MAC from my ISP, got it in 48hrs with helpful advice on the process to follow, which was to; a) Pass the MAC on immediately to 'SKY'. b) Leave my current BB connected as it would create problems if I shut it down. c) 'SKY' would transfere the BB service over at the same time as contacting my old ISP for them to close my account.
      All this without the loss of access to the web.

Now when I tried to give 'SKY' the MAC they told me because of my set up they couldn't use the code and I'd have to cancel my service before I could register with them. My ISP would then have to clear the line (approx 20 days) then I would need to check with BT everything was clear, before then phoning 'SKY' again. I then have to wait for them to do their business and send me out the Router, all this time I will no doubt be off line.

To you guys who've gone through the process does this sound like the right procedure, how long were you without internet and what is the chance that when I do eventually register for my new 'MAX' service they'll be so back logged I may have another wait, do you think it was worth it afterall ?

Thanks for your time

2. Advertisement
      hugsie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: CMASHF
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      this is correct if you have an LLU connection you have to go through a cease before you can sign up to sky.