Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Airport Extreme 802.11ac / Draytek Vigor 120 connection issues

This is a discussion on Airport Extreme 802.11ac / Draytek Vigor 120 connection issues within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I've recently joined Sky Broadband and from day one have been using my Apple Airport Extreme (802.11ac version) and a ...

kwells1979 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Apple Airport Extreme / Draytek Vigor 120 Modem
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Airport Extreme 802.11ac / Draytek Vigor 120 connection issues

I've recently joined Sky Broadband and from day one have been using my Apple Airport Extreme (802.11ac version) and a Draytek Vigor 120 modem. I managed to extract the password from my supplied Sky hub (eventually!).

It's always had slight intermittant connection issues and needed to be reset around once a fortnight. However, the last few days it's only lasted around 30 minutes before the Draytek needed to be restarted. Once the Draytek is restarted the connection is resumed but I'm not sure if it's this or the airport that is causing the problem.

Annoyingly, I have the new MacBook pro which does not have a network cable connection so Im unable to connect to the Draytek to see what may be happening.

I'm currently using the supplied Sky Hub as the airport/draytek combo has become unusable. The connection has been fine since using the Sky Hub.

Any suggestions as to what is causing the connection to be dropped so often? This happens even if nothing is connected to the router.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Airport Extreme 802.11ac / Draytek Vigor 120 connection issues

If the Sky hub is not dropping the connection, then there is a good chance the Vigor is faulty. If it is faulty, you could try connecting your AE to the hub, use the instructions here as a guide. It is not perfect but it is the nearest you will get to Modem only mode with the Sky Hub.
      Using the DLink DIR613.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

kwells1979 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Apple Airport Extreme / Draytek Vigor 120 Modem
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Airport Extreme 802.11ac / Draytek Vigor 120 connection issues

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      If the Sky hub is not dropping the connection, then there is a good chance the Vigor is faulty. If it is faulty, you could try connecting your AE to the hub, use the instructions here as a guide. It is not perfect but it is the nearest you will get to Modem only mode with the Sky Hub.
      Using the DLink DIR613.
      Thanks for your help. I will give that a go. At least it will help determine if it is the modem at fault (which I think it is).

thanks again.