Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

second hand sky hub sr101 quuestion

This is a discussion on second hand sky hub sr101 quuestion within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi there, ive been dancing around the internet for awhile, and found your site, and as the good old customer ...

steve3123 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

second hand sky hub sr101 quuestion

Hi there, ive been dancing around the internet for awhile, and found your site, and as the good old customer services from sky are completely useless, ive summed up the courage to ask you this.

My own sky netgear router is starting fail, and as sky have told me they wont replace it FOC, I went and bought a sky hub sr101 from a well known auction site.
      However because it has been blocked by sky, its useless. Now after reading a few dozen threads about sniffing out usernames and passwords from these routers, is it possible to change them, ie: copying my own routers info and putting it on the hub?
      That way it *should* in theory work. Is it even possible?
      Im on ADSL unlimited

2. Advertisement
      rasp54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: BRIDGEND
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: SkyHD box
      Thanks

Re: second hand sky hub sr101 quuestion

I would try sky again M8 they are usually very good, mine was failing they done a few tests and they sent a SR101 out to me.Only thing it ties you for another 12 months .

steve3123 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rasp54 View Post
      I would try sky again M8 they are usually very good, mine was failing they done a few tests and they sent a SR101 out to me.Only thing it ties you for another 12 months .
      Yeah I've called them again, cs rep says please call back tomorrow as I've go to speak to a return group?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

It is heavily rumoured that Sky will be replacing old routers foc as from today. It coincides with their offer of free wireless boosters. Give them another ring tomorrow.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

dragon18007 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I was just going to ask the same kind of question as I've been with Sky for so many years now and I have the Sagemcom F@ST2304 router but the wifi signal isnt that great so I cant get a signal down stairs (router is in my room as thats were my computer is) I had a look on sky store and its 69 for the new Sky Hub and I was hoping that it would have a better wifi signal than the F@ST2304 but dont fancy paying that much for it, I see people are selling them cheaper and wondered if it would work if I bought it from there or would Sky block it for some reason?

I also ordered the new free wifi booster from sky but I dont think my current modem is compatible with it?

any info would be great.

Thanks

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,195 Times in 2,065 Posts

The WiFi Booster makes use of the WPS button, a part of the WiFi n specification. The Sagem 2304n is not fully compatible with this particular option.

However I understand that the is a method of connecting the Booster to any router without the WPS button. To do this you would need to log into the Booster's GUI and connect it manually.

However I am surprised that you were able to order the Booster immediately. Many members are finding that they first need to get a Sky Hub (for free!) before they can qualify for the Booster.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

buddbuttocks is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Hub SR-102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

In the meantime, phone Sky back and ask them to re-activate the suspended router. Sky no longer block customers' routers for outstanding bills etc, they block the connection. So don't take no for an answer.