Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sorted - Solved - Resolved - Brilliant!!!!

This is a discussion on Sorted - Solved - Resolved - Brilliant!!!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Ok - so it took a few weeks but I am now one very happy camper. Rather than try and ...

fredwestie is offline DLM Admin
      Exchange: Shepherds Bush
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sorted - Solved - Resolved - Brilliant!!!!

Ok - so it took a few weeks but I am now one very happy camper.

Rather than try and explain what was done (I'm a technocretin) I'll just cut and past the emails I got from support to see if they can help you too.

"I did escalate the matter with high priority and it was dealt with by our Escalated Support team yesterday. They have made alterations to your line including capping the speed to 13Mb and also adjusting your noise margins; these should both help with the stability of your connection."

and also...

login to router status page and

"Click on wan setup this is on the left hand side of the page.
      Change MTU size from 1500 to 1458, once you change the size click on apply.

Open a second internet explorer session and go www.bbc.co.uk and click on different news stories, check to see if the speed of the stories has speeded up.

If 1458 has not worked that well, try 1440. You may have to try as far down as 1410 in the MTU size to get the best setting. Each time you change the MTU check the speed that the pages open up at.

You may initially need to restart your PC and switch the sky broadband box off. If you reset the router you will change the MTU size so I'd advise you just to switch the power off on the box".

Together these have sorted ALL my stability and page load speed issues. It's fast (I'm getting 10mbps without fail), stable and is also now there and ready to rock and roll as soon as I open my powerbook. Way to go Sarah and Stephen and the Sky Broadband support team.

2. Advertisement
      hugsie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: CMASHF
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      That is great news! And thanks for posting the info on altering the MTU, as it may help others.

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Yeah brilliant, After all thats what a ONline-Community is about!