Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

What do I need to do??

This is a discussion on What do I need to do?? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hopefully I have this in the right place!! This is my story, 1. I register my interest with Sky 2. ...

SilverJDM is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bracknell
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

What do I need to do??

Hopefully I have this in the right place!!

This is my story,

1. I register my interest with Sky
      2. I get my unique code from Sky
      3. I give 30 days notice to my current ISP Force 9 & request my MAC key
      4. I get a MAC key
      5. I call Sky to order & give them my MAC key, they say that there is a tag on my line & they cannot process my order until it is removed.
      6. I speak to Force 9 & get this reply by email 'The marker on the line indicates we are providing you with a broadband service, this is perfectly correct, a marker should be present on the line.

The MAC key issued to you is an authorisation for that marker to be transferred from one ISP to another.

If there wasn't a marker on the line, it would mean there wasn't a broadband service and therefore a MAC key couldn't be used.

Please confirm with your new ISP on what you are needing us to do. We can cancel the service outright, so that the new ISP can provision you a new service, or you can ask the new ISP to try and progress the migration correctly for you'
      7. I call Sky again & once again I'm told that they cannot process my order due to a tag on the line

I'm now at a lost as what to do, is a tag the same as a marker? I was told by Sky that my line is LLU enabled & Sky cannot proceed with my order even with the MAC key, in fact they said that Force 9 should not have issued a MAC key!! The MAC key that Force 9 have issued begins with LLTH if that means anything to anybody..

Please somebody help as I don't know what to do now as I seem to be going in circles

2. Advertisement
      LNB
      LNB is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Padgate LVPAD
      Broadband ISP: Connect at 5 per month
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Unfortunately SKY are correct. You cannot readily migrate from an LLU provider to another. Your only real option is to fully cancel your existing service, and order SKY once the marker has been removed.

You could have a second line installed, and provision SKY on that, or you could stay with your existing provider.
      Service recovery 02392 899292

You got 3 right!
      D'oh! Not good, dude.

hugsie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: CMASHF
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      ^ What he said