Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Speed capped after DLM

This is a discussion on Speed capped after DLM within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I've been on LLU Unlimited for several years, have a very long line and max I can ever expect is ...

GRM is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Oadby
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+

Speed capped after DLM

I've been on LLU Unlimited for several years, have a very long line and max I can ever expect is ~1.8Mb/s. However since before DLM started on 22 Oct my sync speed has always been 1024000b/s even though the line can handle around 1.8Mb/s.

This has happened a few times in the past and once I've managed to get transferred to level 2 it usually gets sorted pretty quickly. Have now had two 1 hour+ attempts at getting past level 1 without success.

Does anyone know the current magic incantation to get them to up the profile cap?

EDIT: Image is pretty small - important stats are:
      Attenuation 64dB
      SNR 7dB
      DS sync rate 1024000
      DS attainable rate 1884000
      US sync rate 750153
      US attainable rate 848000

Speed capped after DLM-capture.jpg

2. Advertisement
      seawright is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box

Re: Speed capped after DLM

I don't know whether it is possible to manually set the SNR margin lower than 7dBs though on a quiet line DLM can set the margin as low as 3dBs. If you are not happy with your broadband performance then you will need to get a fault ticket raised before level two will accept the call. This usually requires the level one agent to run tests but as you have already had two long conversations with level one, which hopefully have been noted on your account, politely explain the situation and ask for a ticket to be raised as neither of the previous agents were able to resolve the problem.

Although BB technical support is a twenty four hour service it would also be best to call during the working day or early evening to increase the likelihood that your call will be picked up by an agent in the UK. Whilst I have every confidence in the technical knowledge and grasp of the English language displayed by the staff in overseas call centres I find that Sky agents in the UK are allowed much more flexibility in the way that they handle calls.