Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

LAN connection

This is a discussion on LAN connection within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Evening all.Back on dial up briefly.Had sky plus put in today and once the engineers had disappeared over the horizon ...

StevieBoy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Reading
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Question LAN connection

Evening all.Back on dial up briefly.Had sky plus put in today and once the engineers had disappeared over the horizon I checked that broadband was ok and for the last couple of hours it was until suddenly out of the blue a sign came up saying 'Local Area Connection. A network cable is unplugged'.Now does this mean somewhere in the house or as in the local exchange?I've checked all connections and they seem ok.I also disconnected the telephone wire that runs to the back of the skyplus box (to the modem) briefly and this hasn't made any difference either.Ideas anybody?

2. Advertisement
      jb51053 Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Quote Originally Posted by StevieBoy View Post
      Evening all.Back on dial up briefly.Had sky plus put in today and once the engineers had disappeared over the horizon I checked that broadband was ok and for the last couple of hours it was until suddenly out of the blue a sign came up saying 'Local Area Connection. A network cable is unplugged'.Now does this mean somewhere in the house or as in the local exchange?I've checked all connections and they seem ok.I also disconnected the telephone wire that runs to the back of the skyplus box (to the modem) briefly and this hasn't made any difference either.Ideas anybody?

It will be a local connection, usually between the ethernet card of your pc and the router, it might be worth swapping the cable in case it was damaged, or trying a different port on the router, failing that, the nic in the pc could have gone faulty.

StevieBoy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Reading
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cheers jb.I've ended up rebooting everything in the end and am back up and running.This is the first time that I've had this particular message come up and wonder if it's slightly more than coincidence that Skyplus was fitted this after.I'll keep anybody who may be remotely interested aware of any future developments.