Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sync speed drops every evening on BB Unlimited.

This is a discussion on Sync speed drops every evening on BB Unlimited. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I've spoken to a Sky adviser about this and went through all the "connect to the BT socket, fit the ...

essjay is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: SkyMAx
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Sync speed drops every evening on BB Unlimited.

I've spoken to a Sky adviser about this and went through all the "connect to the BT socket, fit the right microfilters, reboot the router etc. ...."
      Of course, none of this has made any difference.

The issue is that I've just bought a Sky hub and checked the speeds to compare with the old router.
      The hub appears to sync a little faster.
      From the Router Statistics, it starts at 10,239 kbps, 37.5 dB, 6.2 S/N - then in the late afternoon, it drops to 8,571 kbps, 37.5 dB, 9.1 S/N.
      It will stay at that level until I unplug the phone line and reconnect the next day, or later in the evening.

The Sky man said it shouldn't do that and to get back to him if nothing improves.
      It hasn't improved and I'm wondering what I should say.
      Do you think my line is being subject to Network Management?

2. Advertisement
      bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Sky
      Sky TV: SkyQ
      Thanks

Re: Sync speed drops every evening on BB Unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by essjay View Post
      I've spoken to a Sky adviser about this and went through all the "connect to the BT socket, fit the right microfilters, reboot the router etc. ...."
      Of course, none of this has made any difference.

The issue is that I've just bought a Sky hub and checked the speeds to compare with the old router.
      The hub appears to sync a little faster.
      From the Router Statistics, it starts at 10,239 kbps, 37.5 dB, 6.2 S/N - then in the late afternoon, it drops to 8,571 kbps, 37.5 dB, 9.1 S/N.
      It will stay at that level until I unplug the phone line and reconnect the next day, or later in the evening.

The Sky man said it shouldn't do that and to get back to him if nothing improves.
      It hasn't improved and I'm wondering what I should say.
      Do you think my line is being subject to Network Management?
      Read this which might help you work out the problem. If it's happening every day then this is probably the cause or rather will help you find the cause.