Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Had enough. Am leaving.

This is a discussion on Had enough. Am leaving. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Signed up to Sky from Demon 7 weeks ago. Got the MAC code from Demon, gave it to Sky, went ...

mombasa is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Uxbridge
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Had enough. Am leaving.

Signed up to Sky from Demon 7 weeks ago. Got the MAC code from Demon, gave it to Sky, went live and no internet access. Sky hadn't contacted Demon to remove the marker. So, I cancelled with Demon directly, waited a few more days for BT Wholesale and finally got internet 3-4 weeks ago,

All looked good for a few days then 3 weeks ago the Internet light on router went out. The line was dead - no sync. Onto Sky Tier 1 and tier 2 support. Usual checks countless times. Passed onto Tier 3 who confirmed that there was a problem with the line and contacted BT. I don't know what the outcome of that was but countless phone calls to tech support and being told that Tier 3 were on the case with BT and would call back. Someweher alonf the line, Tech Support lost the plot and what the original problem was.

Got a voicemail callback from Tier 3 yesterday. Oh, we checked your line and its ok. You should be connected. NO !!! I'm not. The line is still dead.

Had enough. Cancelled Sky service this morning and placed an order with BT Broadband. The only problem is that Sky won't give out MAC codes on the phone but will post them. That takes 2-5 working days!! I'm hoping that the cancellation will got through before BT start working on my order so that there won't be an LLU on my line.

Exchange is Uxbridge.

Been with Demon for years and never had a problem. Oh, and I work in IT so not exactly a numbskull.

2. Advertisement
      spcdust is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Suspect your BT order might well be rejected as the first thing they'll check is wether their is a marker on your line.

spcdust

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Probably. Was just trying to speed things along. Hopefully it will be gone in the next few days.

spcdust is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      How did you leave it with Sky? Are they doing a complete cease and therefore removing the marker from the line OR are they going to issue you with the MAC code which you will then obviously have to supply to BT?

spcdust

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Both

Complete cease (to be on the safe side) but which could take upt 30 days.

And, a request for MAC code. This will be posted to me 'cos they don't give it out on the phone.

It's a shame because my brother in law signed up to Sky and has had no problems. But he didn;t have broadband before so not as complex.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just found out that its not simply a matter of removing the tag on the line. The LLU circuitry also has to be removed and that can only be done by Sky.

So, the MAC code is useless. The line has to be ceased before I can switch. God knows how long that will take. BT Wholesale just told me 20 days for Sky to do that.

Oh joy.

Christopher is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sacriston
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      should have stayed with sky mate, given it a chance to rectify its self, I know how you feel though about not having any internet connection, what error codes were you getting on sdky test and what was the status in connection status? Maybe the problem is with the netgear router, maybe just a new one will be needed, only takes 5 days, better than being to quick to cancel and having to wait 30 days for the LLU circuitry to be removed.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Was getting error 100 - no sync. Status was 'Connecting'

And it wasn't the router - i tried another one and same issue.

Been 3 weeks already with no sign of a solution.

Christopher is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sacriston
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Fair dos to you then, hope ya get it sorted mate

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thx. I just get the impression that when Sky works out of the box and/or the probs are minor then stikc to Sky.

Otherwise, if the problem is complex, then u have no hope of ever getting it resolved and the best thing to do is cancel (but that's proving difficult too).

I phoned up Sky CS this morning to say that BT Wholesale hadn't recieved the cease order. They didn't have a clue apart from saying 'an email had been sent'. Got through to the Provisioning dept who said that they would do it now directly. Will check later.

I'm also thinking about migrating to Zen. They reckon that they can use the Sky LLU MAC code and migrate me to IPStream. Will probably be quicker if true but have to wait for the MAC code.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast