Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Had enough. Am leaving.

This is a discussion on Had enough. Am leaving. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; My MAX package lasted a week solid 15Mbps sync etc. and then died - error 100 - no sync / ...

Ozymandias is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited BT Infinity 2
      Router: TP-Link WDR3600
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      My MAX package lasted a week solid 15Mbps sync etc. and then died - error 100 - no sync / status 'Connecting' etc.

It took Sky 13 days to resolve with no update on progress / estimated resolution date (via tier 3 or any other tier).

I was at the point of cancelling when out of the blue it started working again.

Now it's back but seems to be capped at 8Mbps - I've raised another ticket but at least it is working.

So maybe it is worth waiting but I have to say that 3 weeks would be beyond the limit of my patience !

2. Advertisement
      mombasa is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Uxbridge
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I posted elsewhere that Sky can't cancel my account due to a technical error in their software. This was yesterday. I was then promised it would be escalated.

Being an old hand at this now, I didn't believe it and fired of a letter and email to the usual suspects. Got an email back saying "Can't cancel your account cos of 12 month contract ...."

I really lost it then. Phone up this morning to check and CS guy tried again to cancel with the same error. I told him about the email and he said I was quite within my rights to cancel and that I should email back etc.

I emailed, faxed and sent a very strong letter threatening to sue them for breach of contract and infringing my consumer rights. BTW, it wasn't a threat, I have an inhouse lawyer.

Got a call back from Broadband customer services, very apologetic confirming that there was a problem with their cancellation system but they would be sending a cease order to BT. More importantly, I got a direct number and a name as my point of contact.

Let's see.

morris family is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

cease

Hi mombassa
      this is my 30th day of waiting for cancellation, and guess wot not llu removed said they tried but it got rejected ha ha ha think they have broke thier contract by telling me 30 days at max, ive been without internet now since august so good luck
      Pam

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well, I can't afford to be without broadband so I've ordered a second BT line with broadband just in case. Installation date is 20th Nov. If Sky manage to sort it by then, then I will cancel.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Got a voicemail from Customer relations lady lst thurs thurs saying that she had been looking at my account and noticed that there was an open ticket with BT so she put my cease order on hold (not that it had been sent to BT yet) to see if they could resolve the problem.

I called back, politely explained that this was the 3rd time that this had been with BT ..... Still, I agreed to wait until monday to see if BT could sort it.

Called TS on friday. They said that Tier 2 had left a note on the account saying that the issue was resolved and BT had closed the ticket. Got all excited. Went home. Nope. No internet light. Phoned up TS who did a tone test. Dead. No sync.

Phoned up CR lady, told her the score and asked her to place the cease order with BT without delay.

Got my MAC code at the w/e. Phoned Zen this morning, asked them to migrate me. No problem at all. BT will automatically cease the Sky ****** and migrate me to Zen. Activation date is 13th Nov. Excellent order tracking all the way through via email notifications and the customer portal.

Now waiting for confo from BT re activation date. But, the main things is, the order went through to BT within an hour of me placing my order.

Something Sky have been unable to do for days !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12