Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree4Likes

Our 4 year+ Phone/BB issue has now taken a turn for the worse :(

This is a discussion on Our 4 year+ Phone/BB issue has now taken a turn for the worse :( within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Just can't understand why OR didn't check that box out first! Rule number one, listen to what the customer says ...

RUNITDIRECT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Our 4 year+ Phone/BB issue has now taken a turn for the worse :(

Just can't understand why OR didn't check that box out first! Rule number one, listen to what the customer says about fault-it helps you out a lot!! (OK, some customers can get things totally wrong but like I said after reading what you posted I would have gone there first!!).
      run-IT-direct, For all your networking, ADSL & telecom requirements.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RUNITDIRECT For This Useful Post:

orbiter (31-10-13)

3. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Possibly the engineers in question had the 'I'm the expert, don't tell me what to do' attitude.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

orbiter (31-10-13)

orbiter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCFOM
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Netgear D7800 (AC2600) Nighthawk
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RUNITDIRECT View Post
      Just can't understand why OR didn't check that box out first! Rule number one, listen to what the customer says about fault-it helps you out a lot!! (OK, some customers can get things totally wrong but like I said after reading what you posted I would have gone there first!!).
      I know mate. I can't believe it either.. Perhaps many folk give a confusing story which may throw the engineer off-course. However in my case.. I speak good English (well I think I do )

IMHO I basically guided the first engineers who visited (4+ years ago) to the problem right away, and not in a cocky way at all. I just gave them ALL the relevant details, Including line noise stats inc printouts etc. THEN showed them the book I had kept up-to-date with pages and pages of times, dates, weather conditions & router/line noise stats

Anyway all seems well again now.. Just hope the last engineer sealed that box up real good! Or the problem could well occur again sometime in the future.

Here are my line stats from yesterday. The usual drop off is present in the afternoon/evening and it does go a bit low really. However the router stayed up and the DL rates were still fine.
      The low noise margin was rectified overnight as I assume DLM did the business, knocking a few more bps from the DL rate and re-syncing at 12242kbps with a noise margin of 6.8db which it's still at right now

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Possibly the engineers in question had the 'I'm the expert, don't tell me what to do' attitude.
      Maybe.. But I don't know why they'd even think that as I was perfectly nice to them and just gave them the relevant info.. Along with cups of tea

Yesterdays & todays screenie..

The big dips in the top screenie are just were I was just trying a couple of new ADSL Nation line filters, however they lowered the noise margin even further last night so I stuck the BT ones back in.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123