Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Any One Getting Call Backs?

This is a discussion on Any One Getting Call Backs? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I got a random callback telling me I would get a callback, Even though (fingers crossed) I havent had any ...

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      I got a random callback telling me I would get a callback, Even though (fingers crossed) I havent had any problems, Or is this Sky Planning for the Future!

2. Advertisement
      Hoagie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gedling (EMGDDLI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      I spent a while on the 0800 number last night and got told by both the agent and the supervisor that they can't connect me to tier 3.

Whoever mentioned it earlier, how did you manage it?

I've now tried ringing BT's line fault department as my problem appears to be that they just havent plugged me into the LLU system at the exchange. After doing hours of tests (yeah right!) they rang back. I told them the problem and they said they'd get someone to look at it. I'm not holding my breath.

By the way has anyone ever got anything useful out of BT Wholesale? I can only get them to tell me what the order tracker has already told me.

SteCole77 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Manchester Irlam - MRIRL
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I had the impression that once you are on LLU, you no longer come under BT wholesale. BT still, own the exchange etc but it's down to your ISP to look after you.

Could be wrong though.

As TheGeek said, there is no consistancy. My money seems to leave my acount regular as clock work but after that nothing seems to stay the same.
      No one seems to be doing what they say they are doing.

MattB is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bexleyheath
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      My case got referred to the Service Recovery Team last Thursday and I was promised call backs to update me.

I hadn't received any by yesterday so called up Sky (not just about that, but just to find out the latest myself) and I was told who would call me back by yesterday afternoon. I left my mobile number.

In fairness, I did get a voicemail left on my phone about 3.30 yesterday, although it didn't have much helpful information - just that my order was still 'progressing'.

The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Unfortuantly you will not get put through to tier3 and even if you do manage to persuade someone in tier1 to hold (not hard they want a break lol) then after an hour it usualy cuts them off aswell.

SteCole77 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Manchester Irlam - MRIRL
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well.... can you belive it..... I just had a call back form Sky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently BT have said my line is ok but i still have markers from my old ISP (AOL) on my line. They say where your broadband goes to etc.
      This could cause some exchange confusion apparently but i need to ring BT to get them removed.

But at least they rang me back!!

Oh and also i was told Tier 3 only deal with the LLU (Min, Mid + Max) side of things. They're the ones who deal with your exchange kit, where as BT do it for Connect package customers.

Beephe is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NEDL Darlington
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thumbs up

I would agree, that generally in my eXperience they don't telephone back, but ..........After waiting the obligatory 30days for my original order to 'fall off' their system before I could reapply, I finally got word today !! 44days later, that they can now proceed with a new order.

Suspiciously they managed to resolve the 'software problem' after I had sent a e-mail yesterday to james.murdoch@bskyb.com stating that I had given them enough time and if by Friday, they had not resolved the matter, I was throwing the towel in and cancelling all of my sky packages.

And so at midday a very nice lady telephoned me !! (I have her name but don't feel it would be fair to disclose) who said any e-mail addressed to Mr Murdoch came through to 'them'.
      She throughly apologised for the issues I have faced over the last 6 weeks, re-submiited order and agreed to a 40 pound credit to my sky account.

Phoned me back an hour later and confirmed it had gone through. Also said it should be up to 5-7 days to be activated. So here hoping.

Writing to Mr Murdoch seemed to do the trick for me, might be worth trying if you've tried everything else.

I'll let you know if things work out this time.

Best of luck guys

Andrew
      i
      Mac 20"
      G5 2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
      OSX 10.4.9

Hoagie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gedling (EMGDDLI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Got my callback within 5 working days - just under an hour within.

They said there was a fault on my card at the exchange and that they would call me back when BT have fixed it.

Hopefully someone will actually do something now instead of just telling me that they can't do anything because the order needs to come from my ISP.

SteCole77 earlier said...
      I had the impression that once you are on LLU, you no longer come under BT wholesale. BT still, own the exchange etc but it's down to your ISP to look after you.

I think that's right but my problem appears to be that NOTHING has been changed on my line and that I'm not actually on LLU, though the computer says I am and that's all they're bothered about.
      Last edited by Hoagie; 27-10-06 at 08:54 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12