Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Sky HUB SR101 & Signal Box

This is a discussion on Sky HUB SR101 & Signal Box within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I've had this problem with the EE signal box too. i had the latest version of the software on my ...

jimroy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Pendleton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB box
      Thanks

Re: Sky HUB SR101 & Signal Box

I've had this problem with the EE signal box too. i had the latest version of the software on my sr101 when I got it in February. I got my signal box from EE in March and it was transmitting 3g data fine for 6 months. And then it stopped working. I only needed it for visual voicemail when at home anyhow. I've had EE level 3 technical support dealing with it for months and they have now passed it on to the box's manufacturer in order to get it resolved with a software patch as there are enough people having the same issue. I've now left EE and gone back to o2. But I've been allowed to keep the box. Something else to add to the tech junk pile.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Have either of you got access to another Sky router (i.e. Sagem 2504N or SR102) which a friend/relative may have or a cable router with DD-WRT or OpenWRT installed?

I am wondering if you could both try a different router to see if you can overcome this issue.

If you can report back, then this information may prove useful for the Sky router developers.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Binary is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Have either of you got access to another Sky router (i.e. Sagem 2504N or SR102) which a friend/relative may have or a cable router with DD-WRT or OpenWRT installed?

I am wondering if you could both try a different router to see if you can overcome this issue.

If you can report back, then this information may prove useful for the Sky router developers.
      Hi Scubbie,

I had a DG934 with DGTeam on which i connected up and it was perfectly fine on the connection, also have a DG834GT somewhere if thats of any use?
      Bugatti Veyron - One of the greatest engineering projects ever!

Thanks

Thank you and yes please do check this with the DG834GT.

Could I ask that you check the IP Address too and post the first two octaves as previously the IP Address range has been an issue.

i.e. 150.100.x.x

One question though, your profile indicates that you have a Fibre connection. How were you connecting up the DG934G and how do you intend to connect up the DG834GT?

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

lincsguy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLBWD
      Sky TV: 2 Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Just had an issues with my EE reception due to loss of an Orange mast in my post code, EE business sending me a EE Signal booster tomorrow.
      So i will not be abel to use it with my SR101 has anyone tried it with a SR102?
      Just signed up to Sky Fibre on Monday for another year Sky talked me in to cancelling my Virgin Media Broadband order!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lincsguy View Post
      Just had an issues with my EE reception due to loss of an Orange mast in my post code, EE business sending me a EE Signal booster tomorrow.
      So i will not be abel to use it with my SR101 has anyone tried it with a SR102?
      Just signed up to Sky Fibre on Monday for another year Sky talked me in to cancelling my Virgin Media Broadband order!
      My EE Signal Box arrived this morning contacted EE for activation yes they could not activate it !
      I was passed to the tech team and i brought up the Sky SR 101 hub issues and was assured no it is our servers i was told.
      Got a text this afternoon to say it was activated but could take up to 24 hours to work i thought " yes sure "
      I plugged it in light flashing for 15 mins i thought its not going to work i tried pushing the WPS button and for the past hour i have had a steady green light!
      So who knows was i lucky? I am running the latest firmware on the SR 101.
      Scubbie likes this.

Thanks

I am wondering if this issue is linked to the VPN issue reported recently with some BTO Modems.

BT Openreach FTTC Superfast Broadband Modems Break VPN Access

Thanks

I have just moved the EE signal box downstairs hard wired back to the SR101 but to get the booster to work i had to reboot the SR101 then restore my back up settings. After 4-5 minutes of flashing green light the booster has a solid green light all is working! Hope this helps some of you full 5 bars here!

Frobius is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Apple Airport Time Capsule // Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Q Silver / Mini
      Thanks

Sorry for the thread resurrection - somewhat but just to add my two penneth in.

Just got my EE Signal Box today and pre-emptively gave it a static IP reservation and put it in the DMZ. Probably overkill, but hey, it works - sort of.

As with the others, voice works fine but 3G data times out. To be honest, I'm not overly worried about the data element as I use Wifi at home, but the OCD creature in me just wants it to work!

One thing I've noticed is that to get my phone to register with the signal box, I have to go into my carrier settings, do a manual search and select the second 'EE' network on the list. I'm not sure what effect doing that will have when I move out of my signal box's coverage but I will find out tomorrow.

Now I know a fair bit about GSM networks (albeit not a lot about the 3G side) and I think its because my phone is quite happy with the low signal it gets from the main mast in the area, so it's not looking for anything else. When the signal drops enough, my phone then switches to the signal box. I'd prefer it to stay on the signal box all the time though. The fact that two different 'EE' networks show in the network search suggest that the main network and signal box are using different MNCs (Mobile network codes) and in this instance could be why my phone is happier on the real network. I think it sees the real network as the home one and the signal box as an allowable roaming network - pretty much how it was when we could switch between Orange and Orange T-Mobile masts dependant on signal..

I actually seem to have answered my own question there but wondered if anyone else had seen similar? Also, are there any fixes for the Signal Box & SR101 incompatibility yet? I'm tempted to get an Apple Airport Extreme instead.. not impressed with the 101 at all, especially compared to offerings from BT and the like.

Binary is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frobius View Post
      Sorry for the thread resurrection - somewhat but just to add my two penneth in.

Just got my EE Signal Box today and pre-emptively gave it a static IP reservation and put it in the DMZ. Probably overkill, but hey, it works - sort of.

As with the others, voice works fine but 3G data times out. To be honest, I'm not overly worried about the data element as I use Wifi at home, but the OCD creature in me just wants it to work!

One thing I've noticed is that to get my phone to register with the signal box, I have to go into my carrier settings, do a manual search and select the second 'EE' network on the list. I'm not sure what effect doing that will have when I move out of my signal box's coverage but I will find out tomorrow.

Now I know a fair bit about GSM networks (albeit not a lot about the 3G side) and I think its because my phone is quite happy with the low signal it gets from the main mast in the area, so it's not looking for anything else. When the signal drops enough, my phone then switches to the signal box. I'd prefer it to stay on the signal box all the time though. The fact that two different 'EE' networks show in the network search suggest that the main network and signal box are using different MNCs (Mobile network codes) and in this instance could be why my phone is happier on the real network. I think it sees the real network as the home one and the signal box as an allowable roaming network - pretty much how it was when we could switch between Orange and Orange T-Mobile masts dependant on signal..

I actually seem to have answered my own question there but wondered if anyone else had seen similar? Also, are there any fixes for the Signal Box & SR101 incompatibility yet? I'm tempted to get an Apple Airport Extreme instead.. not impressed with the 101 at all, especially compared to offerings from BT and the like.
      You are spot on, ideally you should have the signal box in an area of no signal.

My 2nd router broke and i havent yet got round to performing the tests above with another router - its deffo the SR101 i say someone on the Sky forums also have issues with the Voda/O2 and 3 ones too.
      Bugatti Veyron - One of the greatest engineering projects ever!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast