Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Fibre connection problems - Wembley area? Switching router..

This is a discussion on Fibre connection problems - Wembley area? Switching router.. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, Well trying to get my Xbox 360 connecting seems to have ground to a halt because as of ...

Lino is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Fibre connection problems - Wembley area? Switching router..

Hi all,

Well trying to get my Xbox 360 connecting seems to have ground to a halt because as of around 8pm last night my connection started dying, powering down the router and BT box then starting up again resulted in my laptop telling me I had limited connection, when I finally got in front of the router all the lights apart from the broadband connection light were lit, the BT box seemed fine. Kept coming and going till around midnight when it went completely (No connection light on router). Sprang back to life this morning, but again, intermittently. I'm in the Wembley area, don't know if anyone else was having problems? I saw on the Sky status page that Thamesmead were having problems, but I don't have the first idea how close to me that is, and as of this morning the Thamesmead problem seems to have disappeared whereas mine problem hasn't.

And on a related note, Sky decided to send me two SR101 hubs, so I do have another one sitting in a box, would that connect if I plugged it in and entered the new information into my computer? (Trying to rule out the hub I'm using at the moment being at fault).

Fun and games.. Might try contacting Sky, but that is generally SO painful and I'm not near the router at the moment which doesn't help.

TIA guys.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Fibre connection problems - Wembley area? Switching router..

would that connect if I plugged it in and entered the new information into my computer?
      It may take nearly an hour waiting on an IP address, but there is no reason why it would not connect.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Lino is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Fibre connection problems - Wembley area? Switching router..

Thanks for that Isitme, I'll give it a shot later, I'm convinced the problem is with the hub not the open reach box. re-seated all connections, rebooted several times, but it's always the broadband light on the hub that isn't going on. Spent twenty minutes on livechat with, believe it or not, Stalin, and after that he tells me he's broadband not fibre broadband and that he can't help me or tell me where the fibre livechat page is (Thanks for that)..

So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this other SR101 hub will work (It was, bizarrely, delivered about six months after the original one..)