Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Help with SR101 and D-Link DIR-857

This is a discussion on Help with SR101 and D-Link DIR-857 within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hey, been reading this forum and have found many threads extremely helpful so firstly I'd like to say thank you! ...

staylorp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Help with SR101 and D-Link DIR-857

Hey, been reading this forum and have found many threads extremely helpful so firstly I'd like to say thank you!

I've extracted my Sky Username and Password from by SR101 as I would like to use my own D-Link DIR-857 Dual-Band router, something I did when I was with Virgin using their Superhub's Modem Mode. I will admit that I haven't had problems with the SR101 but the walls in my house aren't very Wi-Fi friendly and I need better range, something that can't be achieved from the access point my SR101 needs.

I've tried using a PPPoE connection with the username, password and my MAC address but to no avail. There is no option for PPPoA that I can see in my menu unfortunately.

I haven't found much information on using the SR101 with D-Link routers so if anybody could offer some information it would be appreciated?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Help with SR101 and D-Link DIR-857

You need an ADSL router to connect directly to Sky ADSL broadband. The nearest you can get to modem only mode is the use the SR101's DMZ. Guidance for doing this can be found here -
      Using the DLink DIR613.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.