Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

sky hub 101

This is a discussion on sky hub 101 within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Thinking of getting a brand new sky hub 101 from eBay as there are quite a few for sale un ...

bigsyd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

sky hub 101

Thinking of getting a brand new sky hub 101 from eBay as there are quite a few for sale un used and cheap as chips, my question is are they any good ? compaired to my
      System Details
      Manufacturer Sagemcom
      Model Number F@ST2304
      Firmware Version 5.23.1a4N
      ADSL Firmware Version A2pD030n.d23b

Also I presume I can put my own user name and password in it and it will work ?
      How about sky...what if the original owner cancels sky then sky wants the router back..can they disable it because it has not been returned
      I had a billion router for a week and have given up because of my lack of knowledge on how to get it working with torrents on my NAS drive

Thanks for looking

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: sky hub 101

Also I presume I can put my own user name and password in it and it will work ?
      No, the Sky login details are unique to the router and cannot be changed.

.what if the original owner cancels sky then sky wants the router back..can they disable it because it has not been returned
      That is the danger of buying from eBay, Sky can and do disable routers due to non payment of dues and such like. There is also the chance that it 'fell off the back of a lorry' and is not even entered in Sky's data base. Sky have been known to manually enable routers which have been disabled or not previously registered, but you can't count on it.

When it comes down to it, its up to you whether you want to take the chance. Personally I would have persevered with the Billion, it is a far superior router to anything Sky issues or will issue in the near future.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

sky hub 101

Cheers m8 I Still have the billion but my lack of knowledge has basically frustrated the hell out of me not being able to suss it
      I have even had the tech guys on my private torrent sites trying to help me but with no such luck as all info and any request from them have all proved positive that what I had done was correct and it should work
      Back using my sky router now and all is working 100%
      There must be something that the billion is not sending out as its not just one site it's 4 of my private sites not working... But public sites work
      Can anybody recommend another router that will work with sky

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I don't think it is a router that will work with Sky you want, but one that will work with your LG, which may be a bit more difficult.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

good point

just noticed that speedtest thinks I am in London..ok by me as its my fastest speeds to date
      I am in wigan north west