Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

how is this happening ??????

This is a discussion on how is this happening ?????? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hello all due to the recent thread on isp's still debiting accounts I checked my bank account and lo and ...

styxmike is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

how is this happening ??????

hello all
      due to the recent thread on isp's still debiting accounts I checked my bank account and lo and behold AOL had charged me at the end of last month. I decided to try and sign in to the AOL software on my desktop in the hope of recieving the "could not find server" message and getting the phone number to complain/ get refund etc. What happened next was just strange!!! the AOL software went through the sign on process and bingo!! straight on to AOL silver , even though I've been on sky for over a month. HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN?????? I thought you can only have 1 broadband provider on the line???. I phoned AOL to tell them / cancel my account/ get refund and was told that my broadband connection with them is well and truly "active" as they hadn't recived info from sky to cancel, but 2 bb connections???????? how???
      could this be the reason i'm only getting a connection speed of 2900kbs when i'm on sky mid upto 8meg??????. I do have a big line att 63.5db but do have a steady down speed of around 2.2meg
      thoughts/ info anyone!!!!

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      What I did when moving from BT to Sky is to phone BT and make sure everything has been cancelled and via online banking stop the BT direct debit as well.