Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

BT: "You have no broadband service"

This is a discussion on BT: "You have no broadband service" within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; My sky broadband experience started on 14/9. It hasn't exactly been plain sailing and in particular (apart from tech problems), ...

Colin57 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

BT: "You have no broadband service"

My sky broadband experience started on 14/9. It hasn't exactly been plain sailing and in particular (apart from tech problems), my old provider (wanadoo/orange) have continued to bill me since my activation date.

According to orange I had to take it up with sky as they were supposed to tell BT/orange when they took over.

2. Advertisement
      Colin57 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sorry pressed post accidentally....

Anyway, sky said that they'd done the transfer properly, and that I should ask BT to check the status of my BB service. BT said that i have no broadband service on my line (strange since I was online at the time), but I do have a lineshare device on it from easynet. Does anyone know what that means? Does it explain intermittent sky connection?

On the billing issue, it turned out that sky didn't use the mac code when they transferred me, so orange have continued to bill. Sky, to their credit, have pretty well admitted as much and have said they'll credit my account for the money owed to orange.

Also, I did have my router downstairs, on the master phone socket, connected wirelessly to the PC upstairs. This worked fine for a week or so but this week has been very unreliable (kept getting error code 300, prompting sky tech support to put me on to tier 3) and so this morning I moved it back upstairs (in anticipation of a tier 3 call back, so I could get into the router settings page). Still wireless but connection now fine. Why would the wireless connection degrade over time? Is there any way to improve it? I should say that the router was next to a cordless phone, although that works on 1.9 GHz as opposed to the 2.4 Ghz that I understand the router works on.

Any comments would be welcome - I'm confused!