Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

canny connect to broadband with my 2504n..any advice pweese

This is a discussion on canny connect to broadband with my 2504n..any advice pweese within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi folks, Having major problems getting my router to connect, I have the dreaded solid amber @ of dispair (sagem ...

paganpob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

canny connect to broadband with my 2504n..any advice pweese

Hi folks,

Having major problems getting my router to connect, I have the dreaded solid amber @ of dispair (sagem 2504n)

After much chasing of wild geese and sky customer operatives they confirmed that there was a problem with my line and begrudgingly sent out an openreach engineer. The intrepid fellow promptly identified an issue with a waterlogged joint and repaired it, however I still am without a broadband connection (im on a horrible pay as you go dongle) which allows me to trawl the internets looking for anything that I can find to resolve the situation. My quest has brought me here and I am hoping maybe some of you knowledgable types may be able to give me some advice. I have done all the standard master socket/cable replacing stuff and even tried an identical router but nothing has helped.

I have a horrible suspicion that there is something obvious staring me in the face but I just cant see it. I dont think I have it in me to face another call with the sky bods and their scripts! The bt engineer did say that it was possible there could be a cap on the exchange and I may require a profile reset.

can anyone help?

thankyou for your time and apologies for the rant

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: canny connect to broadband with my 2504n..any advice pweese

If you have a solid orange light that suggests you are syncing with the exchange but not connecting to the Sky servers. You could try this, open the router settings and at the bottom of the Status page, click the Connection Status button. If it shows as Connected, click the Disconnect button. then the Connect button and see if it authenticates properly. If it shows Disconnected, click the Connect button.

If you have no success with this, call Sky and tell them your connection is down.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

paganpob (28-07-13)

paganpob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Re: canny connect to broadband with my 2504n..any advice pweese

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried to do this throught the router settings but still no joy. Im steeling myself for the phonecall to sky support *deep breath*

cheers

Ross