Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

2 Newbie Qus Activation and Email

This is a discussion on 2 Newbie Qus Activation and Email within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hey First time poster, be gentle! Activation: How do i know when it it? Ive phoned sky and ordered the ...

Major_Disaster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: O2 Premium
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

2 Newbie Qus Activation and Email

Hey

First time poster, be gentle!

Activation:
      How do i know when it it?
      Ive phoned sky and ordered the product (Connect for the moment). That was some time ago.
      I have recieved my started kit (with the router) and a letter (dated 18 October) saying my line should be active on the 13 October, but due to demand i might have to wait 3 days longer (ie til the 16 October).
      I can now log in to the sky.com email portal, where i couldnt before (if that means anything).
      So how do i know when im activated?

Email:
      Can i change the email address i have at the moment (my sky.com one) to another one @sky.com
      Eg. i want to change the address from randomname@sky.com to differentname@sky.com

Thanks for the help

(PS great website, who ever designed it should work his / her magic at microsoft.com!)

2. Advertisement
      Hornet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eastbourne, SDESTBR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Billion Bipac 7800N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Hi have you signed upto http://www2.bt.com/btPortal/applicat...teArea=btb.bot which is bt's order tracker if not do so it will tell you how it's going but to register you'll need your account number.

ChrisE is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      The easiest way of testing the connection is to connect the sky router. If it works then you are. Read the guide which came in the pack to see what the lights mean. If you get stuck come back.

You can have up to 5 email addresses and can setup more via the portal and navigate to my profile but it is really poorly implemented. This thread explains how
      Sky Email

Best of luck

Chris