Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Port forward issue on a sagemcom v6

This is a discussion on Port forward issue on a sagemcom v6 within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello, I have recently had to move into the inlaws while renovations are completed on my house. I have brought ...

Discodunc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01453
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Port forward issue on a sagemcom v6

Hello,

I have recently had to move into the inlaws while renovations are completed on my house. I have brought my synology disk station with me and have added the required ports to allow traffic like 443 and 6690 for the cloud function on the unit.

However when testing it always fails to get to the disk station so I tried Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router

And sure enough this router seems to be blocking everything apart from port 80 traffic even with the rules set. This is different to my old sky router ( the black one that looks like a tiny HD box) mine is about 5 years old and this one is a black and silver one and is about 1-2 years old I think.

The ddns is setup on the synology box and it sees the correct external ip, usually I just have to add the rules and off I go.

5 DSCloud ALLOW always 192.168.0.50 (6690:6690) 0.0.0.0 (1:65535) Always

Example rule 5 above.

Synology box has a static IP.

However on my box I don't have this default rule below.

Default Yes Any BLOCK always Any Any Never

But it's at the bottom of the rule base and I am assuming it goes through the other rules first. This rule I can't remove either.

Any ideas guys would be greatly appreciated as its really frustrating.

Kind regards
      Disco

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,195 Times in 2,065 Posts

Re: Port forward issue on a sagemcom v6

Sorry for the late response.

A couple of minor issues to be aware of with the Sagem 2504N first: Do ensure that it is connected to the Internet when you try to make any changes. The process to forward any ports is in two steps (set up a "service" then port forward using that service).

For how to set up the Port Forwarding, could you please take a read of this article and ensure that you did everything correctly:

Sagem F@ST 2504n Tutorials

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

However on my box I don't have this default rule below.

Default Yes Any BLOCK always Any Any Never
      I think you will find you do as the default on all Sky routers is to block all incoming. That is why you have to open ports for different functions.

After you have set up the Service and Firewall rules, make sure you Save/Apply the changes then reboot the router.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Hi guys,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I don't see an option to save just apply, so I have applied and rebooted the router again to double check and still the same when on 3G.

Since posting on here I have contacted sky and they tell me that they don't allow port forwarding on new routers and that's why it doesn't work on this router and it does on mine as I have the old one?

However I am assuming you guys have port forwarding setup and have newish routers?

I have attached a screenshot of the config I have setup but not sure if it has attached or not. I have done everything in that procedure and its what I did before seeing it as its the same interface as on my router and it is a pretty simple setup really, but I think sky might be right at this point.

Any help would be great

Thanks
      Disco
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Port forward issue on a sagemcom v6-image.jpg  

Thanks

In the services, have you enabled both TCP & UDP? Sometimes I have found this to be the problem.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Thanks

Hi Scubbie,

I have removed all the rules and added just the standard https rule, applied and rebooted, tested on yougetsignal.com and still blocked! I then added the rule https with tcp/udp as you suggested and nothing again.

I really am thinking that sky are now blocking outgoing traffic no matter what you do on the router. I am going to double check my router and ports today when I go home and check yougetsignal there.

I really don't understand why sky would do this as I will be leaving and many others will be doing the same as this sort of thing is required for a lot of people these days.

I will update with my findings later.

Thanks
      Disco

Thanks

What is it that you are trying to set up?

It is possible for you to change port 443 to another port?

I can assure you that a lot of members have successfully set up port forwarding on all of Sky's different routers.

Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Since posting on here I have contacted sky and they tell me that they don't allow port forwarding on new routers and that's why it doesn't work on this router
      You have been taking to an airhead. There is no way any ISP would block port forwarding.

What you could try, purely temporary, is putting the NAS into the DMZ of the router, if that does not work, then something is wrong.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Hi scubbie,

I enabled the ports for tcp and udp and this seems to work just fine for all of the services. I thought I had done this but obviously not!

What I don't understand is that sky were telling me they now block everything on newer routers and I was about to move my services because of this.

Thanks to the unofficial forum as usual sky keep another customer.

Thanks for your help scubbie.

Disco

Thanks

No problems. I would say that this forum was set up as a consequence of advice like that, but the truth is this forum was set up prior to Sky's forum and around the same time as Sky Broadband was launched.

Sky's support staff on the phone have never provided information on port forwarding for their routers (I don't know why). Thankfully we have people on this forum who have looked at the routers, worked it all out, and produced some useful guides.

Port forwarding is an issue though. I had problems initially, but managed to resolve it in the end.
      Last edited by Scubbie; 23-06-13 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Fixed a major typo (highlighted) - thanks gymno!