Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sky have no record of account

This is a discussion on Sky have no record of account within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Scubbie As for the IP Address, only the owners and moderators on this forum can see this ...

dragon2611 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: AAISP + Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: N/A
      Thanks

Re: Sky have no record of account

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      As for the IP Address, only the owners and moderators on this forum can see this information on this forum. As this isn't an official Sky forum and non of the staff work for Sky, this information would not be forwarded without suitable official request.
      That and you'd only be able to tell which IP the OP had logged in/posted from but you'd have no way of knowing for sure which connection it was all it would tell you is who the ISP is and maybe the region if they have their ip ranges segregated

2. Advertisement
      bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Sky
      Sky TV: SkyQ
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkduffbeers View Post
      Hi im a newbie but this is a genuine problem and looking for a bit of advice

A good few years ago I rang sky and set up a broadband for my parents. They sent a sky router and connected it up

It was back in the day when they offered it free with no strings for subscribers

Well the account is used daily but if I log onto my parents account for them sky seem to have no record of an active broadband account

My parents are getting on a bit and since they no longer receive paper bills they just pay their monthly subs oblivious

Is it possible they are just still getting free broadband without sky line rental or do they have a nasty suprise bill coming if we fess up?

My worry was that it may be a connect account as sky were not in the area at the time

Any ideas?
      Are you just worried they will need to start paying?

If you want to PM me the landline number I can tell you if the line is still "tagged" for Sky bb.

If it isn't then nothing will happen except the connection may stop one day and it was just a mistake.

If it is tagged as Sky bb then its a Sky billing system error which will get noticed eventually. In similar situations in the past Sky would send a letter acknowledging their mistake and advise that you would start getting billed X/month from....date. In this situation would you want to keep it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky

Drinkduffbeers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hi happy to pay bubblegun Its that we would have ditched and switched years ago if it's indeed a connect connection at17 per month

Tbh I'd rather come clean but not willing to risk the potential backpay for them ( they only use it for email and eBay so really occasional users)

If it is a billing issue and protocol is sky acknowledge the error and charge from that point I'm happy to just ride it out

Sorry bit paranoid to pm the number but really appriciate the great advice

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's best if they notice the error and we plead ignorant , rather than fess us and risk a very large bill

benaline is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I really don't imagine you have too much to worry about here. If you remember sigming up to something that was maybe free, and you've not been charged for years, it sounds like you would be far more in the right than sky if they attempted many years back payment. Ofcom would also certainly have something to say about it. In fact they may be a good organisation to ring and explain your concerns. They may put your mind at rest enough to just leave things as they are even. Trading standards good too (think they may be called consumer direct now). As far as I'm aware you'd need to have been clearly made aware of any charges due to sky along time ago if any were due. As you have no account registered with them, despite asking, you would have no reason to believe otherwise, and have already acted in good faith with them trying to ascertain this.

I have a free service with a mobile phone company they agreed to a very long time ago, 150 texts a month, I haven't paid a penny to them since 2011 when I needed to buy 10 credit to use that number for some calls, it is becoming less valuable now as contracts are so much cheaper, but its still working fine.

Can understand your need to be above board though, especially if it's causing a worry.

Scubbie is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

No problems.

With the current state of things, there are a huge number of offers across the whole market. There is a huge debate at present across many forums as to which is offering the best deal and ultimately to does come down to personal preferences too.

As they already have Sky TV it is worth checking to see if they have Sky Sports too. This being the case they could get free Sky Unlimited Broadband for a year. They will need to switch their line rental to Sky so do check out what kind of calls they currently make and whether it would be the best option for them.

All the headline figures look great sometimes, but you do need to check the T&Cs. For example Sky gives the 'caller display' feat for free, whilst PN charges extra for it. With many firms 0845 numbers are free. With Sky you pay for them.

If they make a lot of calls during the week then they may want to add the feature to allow free calls (up to 60 mins). Again the price for this varies.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Drinkduffbeers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Again many thanks for everyone's help in this matter

Think we can wrap it up for now

seawright is online now Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Thanks

That's fine if you need any more help than just post or if there are details which you would rather not have visible to the whole world wide web you could always send a PM.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

It was back in the day when they offered it free with no strings for subscribers
      Sky Broadband Lite is still free if you have a TV subscription, so they may be on that. Provided they do not go over the download limit they have nothing to worry about.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

seawright is online now Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Thanks

Sky Broadband Lite is only free if you have a TV subscription and a telephone calls package. As the subscriber in question has their telephone service with the Post Office Sky Broadband Lite would be 5 per month even with a TV subscription.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      Sky Broadband Lite is only free if you have a TV subscription and a telephone calls package. As the subscriber in question has their telephone service with the Post Office Sky Broadband Lite would be 5 per month even with a TV subscription.
      A phone sub is necessary now, as it is with all of Sky's broadband, but the poster has had it for years so will have qualified for free broadband with only a TV subscription, as was the case originally. As far as I know this benefit was not taken away from legacy users.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast